Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say Ed Wood is Burton's best movie. But if you're talking Burton being Burton? Yeah, Bettlejuice is the one.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      LOL @ INNERNET TOUGH GUYS

Watched Beetlejuice again for the billionth time. It remains the best Burton movie in my mind, and Keaton keeps getting funnier every single time I see him in this role.
      I love this flick. I made my boys watch it a couple of months ago-Catherine O'Hara, Jeffrey Jones are terrific. We need more Keaton in 2011.

Comment

• Keaton is a god.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
          I love this flick. I made my boys watch it a couple of months ago-Catherine O'Hara, Jeffrey Jones are terrific. We need more Keaton in 2011.
          "I will live with you in this hellhole, but I must express myself! If you don't let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane, and I will take you with me!"

One of my favorite Catherine O'Hara lines ever!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 'Knowing'. I get why some people hate it and others love it. If you buy into the Sci-Fi elements of it, it's great. If you just want it to be an 'end of the world' film, those Sci-Fi elements will absolutely kill the movie for you.

Me? It worked. I didn't love it but I admired the fact that the film went the distance for the ending. We're gonna tease the end of the world? No, we're gonna deliver it to you. The effects ranged from being WOW WAS THAT COOL (the plane crash and the ending) to JESUS IS THAT BAD (the subway train wreck), but it all worked. Cage was good for the most part, but he had a few really bad moments (whacking the bat against the tree in a threatening manner, for example) to remind you that yes...he's still the guy who did 'the Wicker Man'.

I dunno, I dug it. I don't ever need to see it again, though.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Ben: have you seen 'The King's Speech' yet? If not, GET THEE TO A THEATER POSTE HASTE and see it. Wonderful.
              Its not out here til the 7th, I believe, but I'll be all over it when it comes. I normally pass on these sorts of films, but it looks delightful. Its gonna play really big over here too, I reckon.

Namedrop: Tom Hooper, who directed it, was eyeing a project with my producers a month or so ago but passed. Mike Newell is taking it over instead. Once he signs, the money pours in for my film to go into production, which will hopefully be April.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Awesome, Ben!

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                YES. I find this movie to be excrutiating to sit through in its entirety. I can handle it in very small doses but that's it.
                Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                Agree to an extent re: Nightmare... it's a cool flick, but like a lot of Burton's stuff, it's a one and done. I've seen it a couple of times, though, and pretty much have it out of my system. Still, nice piece of animation, the songs are standard Elfman, and it does have a couple of good moments.
                No matter how many times I have this reaction to Nightmare, I still fancy watching it if I see it's on TV or what have you. It's as though I've been told by my future self I'll love it one day so I keep watching it in the hope that the next time will mark the turning point.

Land of the Dead (a film I went from almost hating to outright loving in a few years) might be partly responsible for this.

Originally posted by Timothy225
                Ah, but it pales in comparison to Shogun Assassin, a compilation of the first two Lone Wolf and Cub films (and if you haven't read the original mangas, get thee to a book/comic shop NAO!). Really sweet piece of work, that! I'd humbly suggest throwing in some Zatoichi films, too. Not quite as gory, but good for the samurai inside you.
                Thanks for the tip, Tim! I enjoyed Shogun so much I was gonna post again to ask for samurai recommendations as it's a genre I'm largely unfamiliar with. There's an interview with Sam Jackson in the set and he mentions The Sword of Doom and Hanzo the Razor. Would you put those on the level of Shogun Assassin? Are there any films gorier than it?

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                LOL @ INNERNET TOUGH GUYS

Watched Beetlejuice again for the billionth time. It remains the best Burton movie in my mind, and Keaton keeps getting funnier every single time I see him in this role.
                Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                I'd say Ed Wood is Burton's best movie. But if you're talking Burton being Burton? Yeah, Bettlejuice is the one.
                Ed Wood is my favourite Burton (by a distance) and I also feel it's his best. I've still got a lot of time for Beetlejuice, though.

I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World last night. Got the fancy Dan steel tin edition of the Blu from Play (it only came out here on December 27th.) She's a beaut. Absolutely phenomenal. It still pleasantly surprises me how wonderful this movie turned out. And a few nights ago I watched The Exorcist on Blu (which I got for Christmas!) The opening scenes in Northern Iraq look fantastic in HD and it's still genuinely unnerving.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  Ed Wood is my favourite Burton (by a distance) and I also feel it's his best.
                  YES!! That's my little cyber-brother!

(*EdWoodFist*)
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Edward Scissorhands is a VERY close second.

Comment

• See, for me, Mars Attacks! is the one that runs a close second, then Beetlejuice. I dunno, I think I'm the only person in the world who never got into Edward Scissorhands. It's not that I didn't like it, I just kind of never fell in love with it the way the rest of the world did.

Comment

• Ed Wood > Beetlejuice > Mars Attacks! > Big Fish > Scissorhands

Big Fish does not get enough love. As his "best" I take it right behind Ed Wood, damn near usurping it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          I dunno, I think I'm the only person in the world who never got into Edward Scissorhands. It's not that I didn't like it, I just kind of never fell in love with it the way the rest of the world did.
                          You're not the only one. In truth, I detest it more than pretty much ANY of his films.

'Ed Wood' > 'Beetlejuice' > 'Big Fish' > 'Mars Attacks' > 'Batman' > 'Batman Returns' > the rest of his shit. I haven't seen AiW yet, thank God.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Currently watching How to Train Your Dragon

I really enjoy the movements of the main dragon. Looks like they based most of the movement off of cats.

I also watched the ESPN documentary Jun 17, 1994 and holy shit that was great. The whole thing consists of news and other documented footage. I got a bit misty eyed due to the nostalgia of what was going on that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              I also watched the ESPN documentary Jun 17, 1994 and holy shit that was great. The whole thing consists of news and other documented footage. I got a bit misty eyed due to the nostalgia of what was going on that day.
                              O.J. trying to escape from the cops got you misty-eyed?

Comment

• Well, it was the music that accompanied it. But I was in that neighborhood that day as it was my last of 4th grade and I remember watching the chase with the basketball game playing in the corner on tv.

Plus, the documentary was accompanied with the Knicks/Rockets game, Arnold Palmer's last game, the NY Rangers parade, the beginning of the World Cup and a baseball game between the Mariners and Royals. So many damn things in one day.

I don't know a damn thing about sports but the thing was put together beautifully. So many huge eyeglasses and ugly ties, it was something.

Comment

Working...
                                X