Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the Bourne movies this weekend.

Supremacy is still my favorite of the series, if only for the magazine fight. Greengrass injected a lot of urgency into the second installment that just wasn't there in Liman's work (and let's face it, that moment in the gun fight in Paris where Bourne miraculously survives a multiple story drop should have never happened). While people hate the living bat guano out of the handheld aesthetic now that it has come to dominate the action landscape, here it was utilized extremely well.

The whole thing is just absolutely stellar on teh blooraiz.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I watched Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Elliot Spitzer. Like all of Alex Gibney's documentaries, it has easy to follow directions, on the nose song choices and long length times.

Moral of the story, stick with your regular prostitutes (Spitzer actually had a regular and only fucked Dupree once according to the documentary), don't panic, and don't piss everyone off in case you want to get shit done even though everyone else is scum.

Also, who in the fuck ever thought Ashley Dupree was attractive?
      Last edited by Ed Hocken; 02-28-2011, 02:07 PM.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I just rewatched 'Strange Days'. Its weird thinking about how that movie is 15 years old and was made in an era where the year 2000 was so close and was yet still the future.

It's still a good movie. Very much a cyberpunk-noir. Dated as hell, but damn good.
        sigpic
        360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• I like the idea of Strange Days but I didn't care for the execution. I really think if they were able to have a Blade Runner-esque environment it would help sell things. Having a few crowds being rowdy and some flaming trash cans doesn't really sell it.

Comment

• I enjoyed the world it crafted. Some movies miss the mark so hard in terms of predicting the future, but I could see something like the L.A. in Strange Days existing.

I loved the fictional technology they chose to use and how it was utilized to enhance the story, following personal stories to explore its implications.

I can't think of another movie that has so many awesome character actors involved. And all of them were fucking stellar. Even the cartoon villains.

And ultimately, the camerawork was incredibly kinetic and inventive.

As Shake said, it's dated as hell (and damn good) and I think that actually makes it even more appealing.

I don't think you're giving the finale the credit it's due, Ed. That's more than a couple of crowds acting rowdy. That was some intricate, choreographed stuff.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
              YOU HAVE JACK SHIT GOING FOR IT
              All the movies I named have Chan going for it.

And of all those I named, only the Drunken Masters can go toe-to-toe against Jet Li's Fist of Legend or the ultimate classic: 36th Chamber of Shaolin.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Nothing comes close to Fist of Legend.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I watched:

MacGruber
                  What the fuck was that? Funny? It had 3 funny moments, and a couple of smiles going for it. Loved the Upper Decker reference, but what a shitty movie and a waste of time.

The Karate Kid
                  Way better than I expected it to be, which was as a pile of shit. Jackie Chan owned this movie. Jaden Smith wasn't that bad, but he makes Daniel Larusso looks like Danny Trejo. Go figure. Not as significant as the original, but good stuff, despite all the errors (in Chinese) they made (my wife lived in China. The temple he goes on the mountain? 20hrs of train from Beijing...).

Comment

Nothing comes close to Fist of Legend.
                    Gordon Liu would like a word with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Gordon Liu would like a word with you.
                      I SLAP HIS SHIT

I'd be all

and he'd be all

Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's Gordon Liu. He doesn't have natural predators. He's higher on the food chain than Chan or Li. Before you could have thought of hurting him, he would have flayed you ALIVE.

Comment

• And then *A WILD Charlie Sheen APPEARS*

Carlos de CocaĆ­na Land comes in steps on his bitchneck, killing him.

He then snorts him to absorb his essence.

Because there can be only juan.

- end New Highlander

FUCKING PAY ME
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

I don't think you're giving the finale the credit it's due, Ed. That's more than a couple of crowds acting rowdy. That was some intricate, choreographed stuff.
                            Oh I like that part, but everything else building up to it. I just remember a lot of scenes of Angela Basset driving the limo and seeing the occasional scuffle here or there.

Comment

• I get what you're throwin' down, but then if it were BIG BANG BAM FIN FANG FOOM the whole time, that last sequence wouldn't have that really epic scope to it.

It was the '95 Willennium afterall.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's Gordon Liu. He's a God.

Comment

Working...
                                X