Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumble in the Bronx.

The movie that ingratiated most of the uninformed throngs in America to the spectacular one-man wrecking crew and karaoke-fueled boozehound, Jackie Chan. Well, before Rush Hour anyway.

This remains my favorite Jackie Chan movie. The stunts are fucking top notch, the hilarious alternate reality New York City where every gang is multicultural and clad in Saved By the Bell attire is insane, and then there's the dubbing.

Holy shit, the dubbing.

THE DUBBING.

THE GODDAMNED DUBBING.

SO. MUCH. WIN.
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-24-2011, 08:50 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      Rumble in the Bronx.

The movie that ingratiated most of the uninformed throngs in America to the spectacular one-man wrecking crew and karaoke-fueled boozehound, Jackie Chan. Well, before Rush Hour anyway.

This remains my favorite Jackie Chan movie. The stunts are fucking top notch, the hilarious alternate reality New York City where every gang is multicultural and clad in Saved By the Bell attire is insane, and then there's the dubbing.

Holy shit, the dubbing.

THE DUBBING.

THE GODDAMNED DUBBING.

SO. MUCH. WIN.
      I remember seeing this and thinking, "I need to see everything this guy has ever made." Rumble was the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO1Qr_8R8Xc

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
        I remember seeing this and thinking, "I need to see everything this guy has ever made."
        Absolutely.

Up until then, I'd been relegated to watching American Ninja or Bolo Yeung break people in the Kumite.

Not that I minded, but he was on some NEXT LEVEL SHIT.

And then Hollywood courted him...

...that bitch.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Exam.

Entertaining enough and competently made, but nowhere near as smart as it thinks it is. Ultimately, it's 8 Angry Men and Women where they all are the same character. It's a very good student film. Not recommended, but I guess it's worth a watch.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Delightful. Great performances from the 4 principals. Beautiful photography. Effortlessly funny and insightful dialog. None of the usual rom-com bunkum that makes emotional investment impossible.

4 Under-appreciated Wedge Antilles' out of 5.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• SHERLOCK

Aces

That is all.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                Rumble in the Bronx.

Holy shit, the dubbing.

THE DUBBING.

THE GODDAMNED DUBBING.

SO. MUCH. WIN.
                While I admire this movie as an US opener for Chan, it has jackshit going for it going against Drunken Master 1 and 2. Or New Police Story, Wheels on Meals or Supercop 2.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Throw in Police Story 1 & 2 and Project A. But yes, I agree.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    While I admire this movie as an US opener for Chan, it has jackshit going for it going against Drunken Master 1 and 2. Or New Police Story, Wheels on Meals or Supercop 2.
                    YOU HAVE JACK SHIT GOING FOR IT
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rumble is worth it for the goddamn dubbing alone. Also that wheelchair kid is the shit.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Rumble is worth it for the goddamn dubbing alone. Also that wheelchair kid is the shit.
                        Fucker was so legit, he didn't even need a cartridge to get the Gamegear to work.

Also: his sister.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• During my hangover of death I watched:

Space Jam : fuck this movie. BUT, Bill Murray...so.....

Terminator 2: the first one is still so much better. But that goddamn Cyberdyne set piece is fucking amazing still.

Taxi Driver: Harvey Keitel's hair and arms are so fucking ridiculous in this movie. I miss this DeNiro.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Taxi Driver: Harvey Keitel's hair and arms are so fucking ridiculous in this movie. I miss this DeNiro.
                            Totes.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Also watched "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". I still would bang the FUCK outta Jessica. Gottdamn.

Comment

• Keitel's hair was a wig. But I love the "the fuck?" expression De Niro has when he meets him for the first time.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X