Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Live. Nothing to add, except thank you AMC for playing this.

Comment

• 'Sunshine Cleaning Service'. My wife wanted to watch THIS and I wanted to watch 'Moon'. She won, and then we both lost. Jesus what a MEH movie. Quirky does NOT equal entertaining. I kinda like the premise of the film (cleaning up crime scenes) but for God's sake DO SOMETHING with the fucking plot.

Once it was done we started on 'Moon'...the wife immediately realized that YES, she had made an error in selecting SCS for the evening's viewing. We can't wait to finish this one off.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Holy shit, I can't imagine starting Moon and then stopping it! That's some willpower my friend!
        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Yeah, depending how far into it you got, start again from the beginning.

I love Mansell's score so much.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• We didn't get far into it, maybe 15-20 minutes. It was too late in the evening to start another movie and see it through to the end, otherwise we would have banged it out. We were really digging it, though.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Halloween II

Garbage, but mildly diverting. The egregious stabbing got on my nerves, as did the complete mismanagement of the only worthwhile stuff in the film (Dourif's relationship with his daughter and the pain for those trying to move on, from Laurie to the guy at Loomis's book signing.) Speaking of which, McDowell... wow. What a remarkably poor performance. So O.T.T. So devoid of any charm or notable effort.

Zombieland

Fun little movie, but I don't think the hype matched up to the end product. Stone and Breslin stood out and I can see why the cameo got such great notices - it's the best thing in the movie by a distance. Eisenberg and Harrelson, while fine, lacked the oomph necessary to make them truly outstanding leads for this kind of film. The Bueller style rules were cute. They didn't quite work for me the way I could tell they were supposed to overall, though.

Evil Dead II

With the commentary on while doing a bit of a tidy-up. Glorious. Gets better and better. I lapped up every time Campbell started riffing "everything's alright now..." right before something else happens.

Army of Darkness

With the commentary as well. I found Raimi's problems with the film fascinating in the extreme because they're so at odds with why this is probably my favourite of the trilogy. He likes Ash to be as stupid and goofy as possible. I love that, too, of course, but I also love how he goes a little John McClane for spells in the third. The shifts between loudmouth braggard/coward extraordinaire and cocksure demon-slayer probably shouldn't work, but the tone of the movie's so bonkers it clicks, as if by magic. We've had two movies of clumsy Ash, why not have one with a bit of a hybrid?
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I still can't believe Zombieland was able to get the rights for "For Whom The Bell Tolls".
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Zombieland is great except the shit at the amusement park IMO.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I still need to watch 'Zombieland'. It looks great from the clips that I've seen, but the wife unit has ZERO interest in watching it. Dammit.

Comment

• It's on instant right now.

Comment

• I don't have instant, but I did DVR it a few months ago. It's sitting there on our list, taunting me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          I still can't believe Zombieland was able to get the rights for "For Whom The Bell Tolls".
                          I don't think that would've been too much trouble. Money is Metallica's language.

The amusement park stuff was ok, but I just thought the film overall wasn't quite up to the hype level that surrounded it. Some great ideas and moments, just not the orgasm-inducing event it was billed as.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                            Money is Metallica's language.
                            Post Of The Day...

Comment

• True,

But I always heard that Metallica used to never allowed the use of their music in movies.

Same with Nirvana, which is why it was crazy to hear them in Jarhead at the time.

Then, it all caved in due Courtney's Love's smack habit.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                                Post Of The Day...
                                High praise, indeed.

Thank you muchly, sir!

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                True,

But I always heard that Metallica used to never allowed the use of their music in movies.

Same with Nirvana, which is why it was crazy to hear them in Jarhead.
                                I believe 'Tallica relaxed their stance shortly after their famous haircuts in the mid-90's. By the time "Master of Puppets" featured in 0ld School, the doors had well and truly been blown wide open. As for Nirvana, I'm sure the legal difficulties surrounding Love and Grohl have impacted on that. Harder to keep stuff out of the loop when the unit's no longer together, I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X