Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to give Crazy Heart another go. I watched the first 15-20 minutes and wasn't feeling it as it was driving me into a hole. But I don't need an excuse to watch Bridges, Gyllenhaal or Farrell. Might stick it on tonight even.

Just saw RED. Again, just ok. Malkovich is good value and Karl Urban was great - he actually had the most interesting character - but it was overly long and the action scenes didn't have enough zip. The kids next to me LOVED Borgnine, which was really satisfying for some reason.

I still think that of the four 'team' films I saw this year (this, The Losers, The A-Team and The Expendables), The A-Team was the most successful and entertaining.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
      Daybreakers.

It was OK. Nothing more. It looked great and the cast was good, but none of the action scenes had any zip or momentum and then it just ends.
      (*Slaps Ben across face with glove*)

PISTOLS AT DAWN, SIR!!!

Just kidding - I'm sorry you didn't like it more, Ben. I thought it was really great!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Shaun of the Dead is on. Every time I watch it I toy with the idea of "Do I really love Shaun more than The Godfather." I think the day is coming that I might just succumb to this line of thinking.

It's on random!

Comment

• So I just watched Crazy Heart. I'm really glad I did.

I don't know if its just cos I was a little drunk, but it worked liked gangbusters on me and moved me close to tears. Its a wonderful, poignant little film. I was worried they gave Bridges a "career" Oscar, but I'd happily put it up there with the best of his work. Gyllenhaal gave a really beautiful performance as well. Thanks for the recommendation, B.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Just watched Hot Tub Time Machine

It was....alright. Kind of forgettable.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

So I just watched Crazy Heart. I'm really glad I did.

I don't know if its just cos I was a little drunk, but it worked liked gangbusters on me and moved me close to tears. Its a wonderful, poignant little film. I was worried they gave Bridges a "career" Oscar, but I'd happily put it up there with the best of his work. Gyllenhaal gave a really beautiful performance as well. Thanks for the recommendation, B.
              Glad you liked it Ben. Bridges really turns in some great work in it and I think it's one of the few Oscar films that deserve the buzz it got. And yeah Gyllenhaal also brought her A game in it. I thought for sure Farrell would be a distraction but he plays it just low key enough. All in all a damn good film.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              Just watched Hot Tub Time Machine

It was....alright. Kind of forgettable.
              And with that Ed assures me that Hot Tub Time Machine is in fact the funniest movie EVER!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Coddry is the highlight of the movie. Cusack is meh.

But I liked how they were in the past because everyone the slopes looked a lot more colorful.

Comment

• I liked Hot Tub Time Machine a lot.

Comment

• Yeah, I really liked Hot Tub too. I reckon I prefer it to The Hangover.

Comment

• Bela Fleck: Throw Down Your Heart. It's a doc about Fleck (incredible banjo player if you haven't heard of him) traveling to different parts of Africa to record an album, and bring the banjo back to it's native continent. Pretty interesting stuff.
                      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Deep Rising

Little bit disappointed with this, since I'd heard it'd basically become an instant "good bad movie" favourite. I did enjoy the Sommers brand of cheese sprinkled throughout. The archetypal goon squad, telegraphed moments of doom, etc. Some cool gore, too; the room/corridor filled with skeletons scenes (complete with accidental skull-stomping) were great.

2 Agonizingly Dispatched Wes Studi's out of 5.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Martyrs.

Fucked up. Achieves what Hostel and Saw attempt to do.

Comment

• Just watched Solitary Man, you may know this movie better as the movie done by the guys who did Rounders and has Michael Douglas in the lead.

It's alright as Douglas is really good and so are the supporting players. But it is a character piece through and through (movie is only 90 minutes and feels longer). At times, it feels like a play.

Comment

Martyrs.

Fucked up. Achieves what Hostel and Saw attempt to do.
                              DUDE yes yes yes yes yes. Buddy got it on Netflix then demanded I had to watch it. Holy shit so good and FUCKED. Remaking it makes me sad panda.

Comment

• They can't remake it. They just can't.

I have to add, the girl that played Lucie was absolutely gorgeous. I almost felt bad jacking it while she was cutting herself up. Almost.

Comment

Working...
                                X