Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I scored the badass 3 disc collector's edition of Brotherhood that only Canada got. I ended up just pausing on the mountain range Belucci hips a lot.

Comment

• Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Perfect. There's not much else to say. TS3 only just came out over here last week, so I'm seeing it this weekend, but I fear I may have have shot myself in the foot by rewatching these brilliant films.

The first is just incredible. Animation has obviously moved on a lot, but that script is clever and funny and charming and dark and altogether heartwarming. If the first film is magic, the second is a miracle. It gives more time to each of the characters and gives them funnier lines ("Say hello to Mr Angry Eyes" still slays me), introduces strong new ones, improves on the human front and goddamnit, When Somebody Loved Me still makes me well up - after 10 fucking years!

I'm worried that I won't love the third now, but right this minute, my heart has grown two sizes with my love of cinema and Pixar, so I'm not gonna let it bother me.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• You'll do just fine with TS3, Ben. TS2 is still the best one, but TS3 is arguably the most fun entry of the franchise. Enjoy, my friend!
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
          When Somebody Loved Me still makes me well up....
          That makes two of us, mate. Before I went to see Inception, my brother and I caught some of 2 on TV and it worked it's magic on me again. That montage is part of a very select group of movie moments (along with Hal Holbrook's Into The Wild farewell I mentioned earlier) that always seem to make me cry.

The bit where the hand comes under the bed searching for something else and happens upon Jessie? If that can't move you...
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
            When Somebody Loved Me still makes me well up - after 10 fucking years!
            Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
            The bit where the hand comes under the bed searching for something else and happens upon Jessie? If that can't move you...
            You guys know my story about "When She Loved Me" relating to the doll I had when I was a kid - it's on this board, I've already posted it. But dear god, does that scene still get to me! I've said it before, and I'll repeat it - I've never ever cried so hard during a movie than I did during that scene.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Currently watching Lethal Weapon. Still prefer Die Hard
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Dragon Tattoo thingamajig.

Pretty good. Most rapetastic thriller I've seen in quite some time.

Lisbeth was awesome.

On to Mulholland Drive. Fucking love this movie.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  Currently watching Lethal Weapon. Still prefer Die Hard
                  It's not a just comparison, Ed....they're totally different movies that fall under the 'action' genre.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Currently watching Lethal Weapon. Still prefer Die Hard
                    Currently watching Hostel. Still prefer Milo and Otis.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      It's not a just comparison, Ed....they're totally different movies that fall under the 'action' genre.
                      Exactly.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• A JUST comparison? That'd be watching 'Sudden Death' and saying that 'Die Hard' is better. The formula is the same, and the plots are similar enough to warrant a comparison.

Comment

• Alright, I prefer Leathal Weapon 2 over the original. The first one seems too slow.

Series should have ended at the second one.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Alright, I prefer Leathal Weapon 2 over the original. The first one seems too slow.

You are dead to me.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• The first one has Busey right?
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Alright, I prefer Leathal Weapon 2 over the original. The first one seems too slow.

Series should have ended at the second one.
                                OK, THAT comparison I can agree with. I love the first one, but everything just clicks perfectly in LW2. It's a LOT more fun, and the casting of Pesci is pure genius.

I just wish that Shane Black had continued as the writer beyond LW2. The two remaining sequels are OK but not up to snuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X