Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
    Watched 'Notorious' last night. Good but not great.
    Originally posted by V View Post
    I see you seriously need a refresher course in 'Hitchcock Appreciation 101'...

Noted and logged.
    Hitchcock fans! If you want to read a great book about him, last year I read "It's Only A Movie" by Charlotte Chandler. A FABULOUS bio on the man!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• The Education of Charlie Banks

"Directed by Fred Durst?" If I knew this before, I'd certainly forgotten it by the time I watched it this morning.

Jason Ritter and Jesse Eisenberg were both excellent. Their depiction of that peculiarly male "friends but not even close in reality" bond was absolutely spot-on and anyone who's ever been in that kind of crowd will know exactly why.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• No kidding?

I'd consider checking this out but the "Directed by Fred Durst" kept me away.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          No kidding?

I'd consider checking this out but the "Directed by Fred Durst" kept me away.
          There's nothing in the movie to suggest Durst's involvement, except maybe a two-second flash of a spray-paint (or "tag", to use the street) style poster in someone's bedroom early on, but even then I probably only thought that because I knew he directed it going in. If not, I doubt I would've made that connection.

The guy made a really engaging, slick looking movie. Kudos, I say.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• if it keeps him from putting out really shitty music, then bully for him...keep on makin' movies, Fred.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• In the midst of Valhalla Rising. If nothing else this is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen.

Comment

• 'Virtuosity' (1995) w/ Denzel and Russell. I DVR'd it for shits and giggles. I remember hating it when I saw it on video back in the 90s, but I thought I'd give it another shot. I didn't HATE it, but it's definitely not a good movie. Russell is having an absolute blast playing the bad guy, though...he alone makes it somewhat watchable.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Just finished watching LA Confidential-It is one of my favorite movies.

Also watched 'Indian in the Cupboard' with my boys this weekend. It was their first time viewing. They thought it was great.

Comment

• Got half way through "Goblet of Fire". I'm starting to think that HP just isn't for me. They are too long, kind of boring and I just don't seem to WANT to watch them ever. Kinda bummed.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I Love You Philip Morris

Movie definately did not deserve the treatment it's got. One of Jim Carrey's best movie and a great con man story. It's not even as nasty as Bad Santa in terms of language.

I really recommend this one.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Black Gunn - Oh, mama, was this bad and cheesy 70's blaxploitation. If you've seen Black Dynamite, paying attention to the gaffes (like switching actors with obvious stuntmen), you've seen this pic. Cleveland Browns own Jim Brown stars as Gunn, a club owner (and such a club! Size of a country club, with a big expensive Gunn's Club sign out front), and Martin Landau (!) as the bad guy. Racial epithets are thrown about like nobody's business. Shit just happens in this film, without any rhyme or reason, too.

Definitely worth a viewing, just to say you saw it when a discussion of black cinema comes up, but not a keeper.

Comment

• Up In The Air. I dug it, some great performance, but man is it depressing. Vera's character is one of the great assholes of film.

Comment

• I didn't really care for 'Up in the Air'. Great acting aside, I kinda hated the plot and most of the characters.

Comment

• I liked it because they were all fucking despicable prats as opposed to the usual handful of cliched characters we get in these sorts of Oscar bait films.

Thank You For Smoking was great precisely because of this.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Thank You For Smoking > Up in the Air IMO.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X