Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Semetary. Lesley had never seen it before (??) so decided to watch it. Ooooh boy, the second one is still better. The main dude is the WORST, Ellie is the WORST, Tasha Yar is the WORST, Jud is the BEST, and Zelda is still CREEPY but man does this drag. Hope the remake is better.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
      The Apostle.

This is not the Raid. As much as I would have loved Dan Stevens raiding the martial arts out of Martin Sheen this movie is an entirely different beast. And I loved it.
      Quite the slow burn. Pretty much the Wickerer Man: The Maiming.
      Gareth Evansvreally flexes his muscles as a filmmaker in an entirely different wheelhouse. But that dude got style in spades and some serious chops as a director. As a writer maybe not so much yet. But he is the real deal. And god, do I love Dan Stevens.
      I hope Netflix lets Evans play with some serious money. I’ll be in whatever he does next. Unless it is a fucking Disney fucking live fucking remake fucking creative bankruptcy.
      We started this last night and got about 40 minutes into it before having to switch over to THE DEUCE. What we saw was legitimately great and we're looking forward to finishing it off tonight.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• REVENGE- this movie is bonkers. Go in understanding this is a hyperreality because there is virtually no way Jen could survive with the injuries she suffers. it's super gory and pretty intense. Definitely recommended.

Comment

• SLEEPAWAY CAMP- I want to see this movie precisely remade today and watch people lose their minds, but in an entirely different way than people probably did back when this was released in 1982. It's not very good and 2018 audiences will see the ending coming from a mile away but it's interesting that this was made at all back in the day.

Comment

• EAT SHIT AND LIVE BILL!
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I miss the days when kids talked like actual kids in films.

I watched Bad News Bears the other day and those little fuckers seemed like they knew how to party (insert Tatum O’Neal joke here).
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• yep, I totally agree. Kids in movies nowadays are all fucking brilliant with super witty comebacks and ideas. Kids are fucking dumb. Let them be dumb.

Comment

• Dumb and prone to cursing like stevedores.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Summer of 84 had the best Fuck You Kids ending in a recent movie.

I miss movies that put kids in their place.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• the ending to that movie is the only reason it's decent.

Comment

• That was a solid ending.

The rest of it wasn't bad either.

Or maybe I'll take anything these days when most productions just fall so short of their promise.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Halloween 2018.

Best aspects: Jamie Lee, the potential of exploring the familial crises set against the shadow of Myers, casting Will Patton in 2018, new Carpenter tracks, the look of the film is probably the best since the original.

Not the best aspects: everything else is either rehashing frameworks or sequences of the other sequels (and closely play out the same results), throwing in well worn tropes that take away from the core of the film (Jamie Lee, her family, and their Myers-born pain), the out of place or unnecessary humor, the third act stupidity of multiple characters (or the unnecessary decisions made by the script involving these characters).

A lot of promise that doesn't fully blossom into what it could be. Curtis is the reason to see it, and they really don't give her nearly enough to do and she has to share the runtime with a bunch of stock characters who didn't need to be there in the first place beyond being a body count with lines.

At times downright disappointing, but then this series is full of such entries so I suppose it is in the right company.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Night comes for us

.....mostly with knives and whatever can be used for a jolly stabbing. What headshots are for the Raid, stabbings are for this piece of mastery. Even little girls join the stabbing fun. And that final fight is absurd in its stabbing lulz. Most definitely not for the squirmish though. But I am pretty sure you guys will love it.

Comment

• oh shit, that came out yesterday on Netflix. Thanks for the reminder/heads up, Jan
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Rewatching the Never Sleep Again documentary cements that I don't like Dream Master that much and Dream Warriors is firmly the best entry.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X