Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    That movie is the right sort of terrible.
    Glad I'm not alone in enjoying that movie for what it is.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I'd been watching random episodes of Family Guy.

Ya see what you made me do, unemployment?!
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        Of course, the books greatly expanded on his relationships with Envy Adams, Kim Pine and his old friend Lisa from Vol 4.

There was no way it was all going to fit in.
        While I will get around to reading the comics eventually, the movie can't use "Well go read the books!" as an excuse to not make more of an effort to have Scott actually be decent, nevermind likeable. He treats Knives like shit the entire movie. Literally, there isn't a single scene where he is actually nice to her and isn't just acting like she is a gigantic pain in the ass to be around. How am I suppossed to want someone like that to succeed? If there was any justice in the world, Knives would have freed Ramona from Gideon's control, and the two of them would have a) killed Scott and b) walked off into the sunset together.
        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• That's why the ending where Scott goes with Knives doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• I took the boys to see Megamind last week. It was not as bad as I was expecting. Matter of fact- I liked it. Not great- but cute. I liked that it was different for a animated movie- somewhat unpredictable and a great soundtrack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I used to root for the Ottawa Roughriders, but they went bust, so now by virtue of where I live, the Winnipeg Bluebombers. They unfortunately did not make it into the Grey Cup this year, so by default I rooted for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. In a league with 8 teams, is it ridiculous that for a period of time 2 teams had the same name? NEIN I SAY!!
              That's why I loved "The Sum Of All Fears"... they tried to pass off Montreal and Toronto as NFL teams, and the guy who was singing the National Anthem was singing the third verse... which few actually know.

Ah, Canada... I love you guys!

Comment

While I will get around to reading the comics eventually, the movie can't use "Well go read the books!" as an excuse to not make more of an effort to have Scott actually be decent, nevermind likeable. He treats Knives like shit the entire movie. Literally, there isn't a single scene where he is actually nice to her and isn't just acting like she is a gigantic pain in the ass to be around. How am I suppossed to want someone like that to succeed? If there was any justice in the world, Knives would have freed Ramona from Gideon's control, and the two of them would have a) killed Scott and b) walked off into the sunset together.
                Scott isn't supposed to be likable. He's a young selfish asshole. That goes for the movie or books. That's why he's so easy to connect with, most of us were exactly like Scott at that age.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Scott isn't supposed to be likable. He's a young selfish asshole. That goes for the movie or books. That's why he's so easy to connect with, most of us were exactly like Scott at that age.
                  You found you could connect with the movie version of this character?

I weep for the future!

Comment

That's why he's so easy to connect with, most of us were exactly like Scott at that age
                    How many 20 year olds out there weren't egotistical heartbreaking jerks to good people around them that went for the girl that was totally wrong for them? Not to mention the interpretation that the huge battles and completely crazy insane fucking world he was "living" in was another manifestation of his inability to recognize the need to grow up and wanting to keep being a child and living in a dream world. Yea, I relate to that completely, because that's exactly who I was when I was 15-23. Hell, probably until I was 25 and had my own "Ramona."

Comment

• Plus, the Toronto connection.

Comment

How many 20 year olds out there weren't egotistical heartbreaking jerks to good people around them that went for the girl that was totally wrong for them?

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Not to mention the interpretation that the huge battles and completely crazy insane fucking world he was "living" in was another manifestation of his inability to recognize the need to grow up and wanting to keep being a child and living in a dream world.

For the second point, in my defense, video games weren't as slick as what you youngsters have nowadays, so that might be the reason why I never fantasized with such spectacular CGI.

Comment

How many 20 year olds out there weren't egotistical heartbreaking jerks to good people around them that went for the girl that was totally wrong for them? Not to mention the interpretation that the huge battles and completely crazy insane fucking world he was "living" in was another manifestation of his inability to recognize the need to grow up and wanting to keep being a child and living in a dream world. Yea, I relate to that completely, because that's exactly who I was when I was 15-23. Hell, probably until I was 25 and had my own "Ramona."
                          I was married by 22, in the military since 17. I sort of had a focus at that age that didn't include douchebaggery. Had a few heartbreaks, to be sure, but never due to me acting like a cock.

Comment

• Like Mike, I was never the dumper, always the dumpee. My dad always taught me to be a gentleman and treat girls with respect and stuff.

Of course, a lot of the girls I would've liked to have dated were dating schmoes who cheated on 'em at the drop of a hat. So it goes.

Comment

I was married by 22, in the military since 17. I sort of had a focus at that age that didn't include douchebaggery. Had a few heartbreaks, to be sure, but never due to me acting like a cock.
                              Hear, hear!

I am now living out those douchebag years that I missed when I was ready to do violence on your behalf while you slept peaceably in your beds at night.

With my years and experience, I make Scott Pilgrim look like a rank fucking amateur.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                                Hear, hear!

I am now living out those douchebag years that I missed when I was ready to do violence on your behalf while you slept peaceably in your beds at night.

With my years and experience, I make Scott Pilgrim look like a rank fucking amateur.
                                Lord help me if I ever get divorced. I will make Frank T.J. Mackey look like a gentleman....

Tame the cunt indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X