Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
    Marsden was one of the only good things about Hairspray, and he completely sold the shit out of his part in Enchanted. I also really enjoyed him in "The Notebook," but I like that movie a lot. He's an extremely charismatic dude who unfortunately has been saddled with a string of shitty parts and pigeonholed.
    And let's be honest, Cyclops ain't exactly Liberace.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Marathon Man.

It was quite entertaining. It's hard for a simpleton such as myself to describe in detail how well crafted the film was, or how layered the characters were as compared to most modern mainstream storytelling, or how bald Laurence Olivier was, but I'll try.

Dustin Hoffman was, as usual, a great and charismatic lead. His work in Straw Dogs prepared him well for being psychologically tortured and his transformation into a vengeful individual was easily understood.

Olivier as "The White Angel" walking into the diamond district was quite a sequence, as was his conversations with the merchants, all with a great sense of the obvious cosmic irony being played out. Of course, it's not every day a Nazi war criminal comes to negotiate the price of his blood diamonds in a largely Jewish section of NYC.

Also: William Devane has one of the all-time great shit-eating grins.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jackie Brown - Classic
        Next - Nick Cage is so ridiculous...
        Southland Tales - bizarre, yet I couldn't stop watching
        Halloween (Rob Zombie) - So over the top, decent moments, creepy for sure
        Brick - Could've been trimmed of 30-40 minutes
        War - Statham rules all
        Crank 2 - Glorious, I will buy this for sure
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Wrong Turn 2. I talked about it on the newest episode. Henry Rollins vs. Mutated hillbillies. Some pretty great gore and death scenes.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Wrong Turn 2. I talked about it on the newest episode. Henry Rollins vs. Mutated hillbillies. Some pretty great gore and death scenes.
            So yeah, about that new epi, when are we gonna see it?
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Editing it now. Hoping to have it up tomorrow. May be up Monday or Tuesday. Been real busy.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Editing it now. Hoping to have it up tomorrow. May be up Monday or Tuesday. Been real busy.
                It's cool, just looking forward to it.

Comment

• Sleep Dealer

Interesting concepts at work, but it's hampered by its very low budget and kind of simple story. Still, give it a shot.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The Killing Fields; too fucking long and not as good as Salvador
                    Free Willy; still holds up....not but my kids liked it
                    Say Anything; first time seeing this, really good flick
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Men In Black.

Just for the curiosity factor as to whether or not the practical effects still hold up (they do, for the most part), as well as the origin of the superhero known as Private Pyle: The Skin Suit.

What wears pretty thin very quickly now is the Will Smiff schtick. It was harmless and endearing back in 1997, but it has lost those attributes and replaced them with tired and grating.

Now watching Fulci's Zombie. Fats Domino the Zombie just got popped in his mantits by New York's finest. This has potential...
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Zombie is pretty awesome.

MiB still holds up for me. I dig the hell out of that movie, but I agree with the Smiff schtick. But The Edger Suit is great still. And it is MILES better than MiBII. Minus the Michael Jackson cameo. I still fucking love that. Because I'm stupid.

Comment

• MiB works in spite of Smiff. He's a strong anchor for a lot of his films, but here it was just Fresh Prince in a suit.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Went to bed watching Dark Knight, woke up to Dark Knight.

Goddammit Cinemax...
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• We watched The Empire Strikes Back last night. Fuck yes. Still kicks a shitload of ass. I was into it the whole time. It's nice to take some long breaks with your favorite flicks occasionally. I just wish he'd release them on blu at this point. With both versions. I can dream.

Comment

• We watched the Wolverine movie over the weekend (and started on Season 1 of Fringe). The Wolverine movie? Not a complete travesty. Plus Liev Schreiber's HOT!

Tonight we're going to watch Grace (right when I get home, as I don't like watching scary/disturbing films right before going to sleep - they affect my dreams too much).
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X