Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Happening- Man what.

It really wasn't as bad as I expected (some of the kills were pretty fucked up) but the acting, especially Marky Mark, was horrendous. Shyamalan should just abbreviate his last name to Sham.

Comment

• Alien Nation. Wanted to watch this before District 9, just to see the different takes on the semi same subject matter. Still love the flick. James Caan is a goddamn pimp. "You gonna get Cann'd" was uttered so much during this flick. Much love for Jimmy Caan.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
          Gotcha! Staring Anthony Edwards and Linda Fiorentino, looking great.

It's a very 80s movie, complete with opening theme song and bad fashion. Edwards is UCLA student who gets wrapped up in international intrigue. Movie is not that great but it features Edwards screaming "Fuck You!" to the East Germans and some quick nudity for Fiorentino.

Check it out, on instant view.
          I <3 that fucking movie, had it on VHS as a kid and watched it over and over and over again...Paintball stuff at the beginning FTW
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
            The Strangers

Watched this last night/this morning at about 3am. I thought it was well done. Good editing to create suspense. I despise Tyler, so listening to her screaming bloody murder was therapeutic.
            Saw this today too...really cool flick, the sound design added to the tension. Really enjoyed it. And I have to disagree with your hate for Tyler...sorry bud. And the ending could have been better

Comment

• Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
              Would you have done the same? While definitely a downer, the ending felt realistic and true. I still can't believe that ending made it to the theatres.
              LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. It was the first Blu I bought. The ending is insane,*spoilers* I think I would have continued to fight it out and wait for the monsters to get me...not sure how I would kill my son *endspoilers...would NEVER happen

Comment

• Also, watched Darkon...wow. I'm still considering LARPing though...

Comment

• Jeez B, don't go down a road of regret now.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                    LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. It was the first Blu I bought. The ending is insane, I think I would have continued to fight it out and wait for the monsters to get me...not sure how I would kill my son...would NEVER happen
                    But see if you take the route that those characters took, they already saw what will happen when the monsters catch up to you. The thing that happened to the guy in the pharmacy? Would NEVER want that to happen to a loved one. I totally can see myself in Jane's shoes at the end.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I can see that angle...but it would really take a lot for me to quit....also sorry for the spoiler...I guess it was too soon...

Comment

• No worries man. I just wanted to keep this place as spoiler free as possible.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Day of the Dead. Oh how I wish he would have had the budget he wanted for his original vision, even though some of it was used in Land. This movie gets better everytime I check it out. Even with Pilato hamming it up. Some epic makeup FX in this that put alot of CG shit to shame. Now on to Land. It's one of those weeks.

Comment

• Texas Chainsaw remake. Still don't get the hate for this. I dig it for what it is. Has some genuinely creepy parts and while not as unsettling as the original, it is definitely one of the better remakes. I still love the shot of him looking at Biel wearing Balfour's face. Good stuff. And I love me some Andrew Byrzangiefname. Met the dude a few years ago, and the fucker was hammered. Told him I loved him in Street Fighter and Batman Returns. He laughed, spilled his beer on my poster and then signed it Rob is dead. So yeah. The less said about the TCM:The Beginning the better though.

And it's no TCM 2. Choptop for the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              And it's no TCM 2. Choptop for the win.
                              Choptop for the win indeed...I recorded this, I will probably check it out this week...

Watched George Lopez' HBO Special...here's what I've come to realize. My love for G Lo is all but gone. He has done the same shit over and over and it's getting old. I understand most people here don't care for him...but I guess what it comes down to is that his humor is strictly targeted for a Mexican fanbase. After watching the special, my wife and I had a long talk about his relevance and boffa us agreed that he is getting played the fuck out. Long story short, G Lo is dead to me.

Comment

• Bout time man.

Comment

Working...
                                X