Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I didn't do any research on the small toy line release of Plaid, Hari, and Flyboy (though I probably should have).

But my inane street corner ramblings still remain.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I fully agree.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
        I have a Dawn comment:

Frankenstein Zombie never gets as many props as Hari Krishna Zombie. Shit, McFarlane has yet to create a toy in his likeness (The Plaid Shirt Zombie? Are you fucking kidding me? He already has a monopoly on the iconography of the film: DVD covers, T-Shirts, baby bibs, etc.).

Is this because George Romero is a secret priest of the Hari Krishna religion? No man wears a ponytail for so long...

Or is it because Frank is just so awesome, they try to move past him quickly after his abnormally large skull falls in love with the rapidly rotating helicopter blade? Maybe the gimmick is too silly, but then how does that explain the lingering shots of the Hari Krishna sonuvabitch?

Or did Frank piss Romero off? How could he? George seems like the uncle who lives in a teepee in New Mexico and only leaves to enter the payote tent.

I have no idea where I was going with this, but Frank needs more proppers.
        WIN...even my kids liked the Frank Zombie the best.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• I still love it so much. The best moment in my film-related life was getting to see it on the big screen for a film studies class. About six people ended up walking out. Weiners.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• watching the Phantom Phreak and Crash Override....i <3 hackers...

Comment

• "Spandex it's a privilege not a right"

Comment

• I watched For All Mankind in Blu-Ray.

Criterion needs to move over to these PS3 style cases for their Blu-Rays. Hell, every movie company should. They're more durable and they sit better on a shelf.

Also, the movie was reference quality in terms of visuals.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• What's the best place to buy Criterion Blu-Rays? Amazon?
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Yes. Through our links.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• seems like deepdiscount has good deals too

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategory.htm?categoryId=476504&sortby=sales&co unt=500#listtop
                      Last edited by PHEDG; 08-06-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• I love how the first titles on there are Yojimbo, Sanjuro and Fear and Loathing, all 3 in which I own.

Comment

• Right now, Amazon is having a 60% off sale on Criterions. The Third Man is the only Blu-Ray that seems eligible at this point.

Here's the bitch. Half of them are in short supply at Amazon and they're quickly going to 1-3 weeks before available status, which is deck.

Judas and I seem to have taken advantage of the Barnes and Noble sale that ended on Monday.

Non-Members got ALL Criterions (DVD and BR) for 50% off
                          Members got an additional 10% off on top of that.

That sale was better, since it was on all titles.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Well hot damn.

Also, huge kudos to the awesome Criterion by the Numbers thread you started over at Chud.

Comment

• Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan in blu. Goddamn, what a great fucking flick. I don't think I've ever seen the full thing, at least since I was a kid. Khan is such a great villian, and Ricardo just oozed charisma on the screen. Kirstie was hot as a vulcan, and the ending was sad. Awws.

It looked and sounded fantastic. I was digging the production design as well. Has that old school sci-fi thing going on with it, that works much better than alot of current CGfests. And it's one hell of a revenge flick.

Comment

• I am so jealous. That will certainly be one of my first blu-ray purchases......someday.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X