Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Await Further Instructions. Pretty neat little "family under siege"flick from the UK that goes in an unexpected way near the end. That being said, sometimes as a director you need to realize you don't have a budget and maybe you should work around that. The last 10 minutes are almost fucking laughable which is a shame because everything up to that was fucking aces. It is worth watching though because this feels like a movie that will be remade OR just stolen at some point. Such a neat idea and some awesome shots.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• we saw A STAR IS BORN. It was excellent across the board and is gonna clean house come Oscar time.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        we saw A STAR IS BORN. It was excellent across the board and is gonna clean house come Oscar time.

It was one of the better adaptations. However, I see it pulling a Dreamgirls. Getting a weird selection of nominations and not clearing a ton.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That could be, Troy. However, people seem to be really liking it. It'll hit DVD/blu ray in December or January at the prime time for Oscar voting, so who knows how it'll end up doing. As of now, I wouldn't be that pissed off if it won best picture, director, song, actor, actress, and supporting actor.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• What people like and what wins are rarely the same thing. Plus, Cooper is low-key terrible in the movie.

Not enough love is being given to Chappelle, Elliott or Dice Clay for the movie. I really wouldn't be surprised to see them fighting it out for the supporting spot.

Still, this is Gaga's area to lose. She's easily getting nominated, plus another 2 or 3 noms for Best Song.

I really wish I could've got my review up before the site remodel blew out the server. Now, it's just clean-up and piecing things back together as the last legs get finished.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• There's legit talk of Green Book taking Best Picture in the air.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                There's legit talk of Green Book taking Best Picture in the air.

I see it in two weeks. Uni is trying to push Blind Side style hard.

From my Disney peeps, there is a schism about what to push. But, it seems like they're all getting behind Mary Poppins Returns now.

Comment

• Day of the Dead.

Had a "Love/Hate" relationship here. First time I ever remember being disappointed in a movie after first seeing Night of the Living Dead on late night television and being truly terrified and my "Come to Jesus!" experience watching Dawn of the Dead (the latter remains among my top three favorite films).

But it kinda grew on me. Looked on it as more of a "hang-out" movie during adolescence.

And then the tide turned towards "No, this isn't good" once I got of my 20's. Tried giving it another shot the other day. Still a nope. Zombie action sandwiched between two hours of assholes yelling at each other.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• still has the best Savini gags of all time though. And I will never not love Dr. Frankenstein.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I would kill for every Dead movie after Day to be more like Day.

That being said, last minute slashed budgets tend to fuck with people.

Comment

• That being said, Dawn is my go-to every single time.

Comment

• Day is also wrong-headed as fuck.

The soldiers kill Frankenstein and the film treats them as being in the wrong. Uh, he was killing them left and right to help feed his zombies/pets. They had every right to off his wacko ass. Everything they did after that? Totally, they're ass wipes.

I would like to live in that world where Romero got to make the $10M original script in 1984.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Day is supposed to be wrong-headed as fuck.

It's the last vestiges of humanity turning on each other. If anything, it makes the lack of progression in Land that much worse.

Land was way too lateral.

Comment

• Land will always have a place in my heart.

Comment

• I dig Land of the Dead. But I wonder how much of that film lost focus because Romero's behind-the-scenes shenanigans.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X