Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wasn't bad, it just didn't grab me at all. Honestly all the alien designs in the first like 15 minutes or so were SUPER distracting for some reason. It was fine as background noise.

Comment

• BEYOND was terrific, as far as the new Star Trek movies go. It felt like an episode from the Classic TV show.

Comment

• I liked it. Not great, but fun.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

Not sure if it was the lowered expectations or what, but I kinda enjoyed the hell out of this. Surprised as can be, considering that I thought that the trailers looked like complete ass, but the thing worked. I liked the new iterations of Cyclops/Jean/Storm/etc, I thought that Fassbender delivered an excellent performance as Magneto and was given an interesting plotline, I thought McAvoy was great. Even Apocalypse worked for the most part. The set pieces were decent (especially the Quicksilver stuff). It got a bit too much 'swirling CGI' at points but still, it all worked for me in the end.

Surprised that I liked this.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Man, I am the complete opposite on this movie. It had 2 GREAT scenes and a bunch of bullshit. A complete step down in all areas from First Class and Days of Future Past in my opinion.

the stuff in the forest and the Quiksilver scenes are amazing but everything else was terrible ESPECIALLY Oscar as Apocalypse. Worst villain ever and it made no fucking sense what he was doing.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I usually hate these "everything wrong with" videos, but this video is fucking SPOT ON with Apocalypse.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• My biggest beef: why did no one look like they aged at all in this? Moira has to be the hottest fucking 60 year old ever. So dumb with Singer keeping these in the time periods he did.

Comment

• The aging thing I'm not worried about. It's fiction, and they even joked about it within the film itself. 'Hey, you're looking good! You look like you haven't aged a day!'. Whatever, it didn't bother me like I thought it would.

I agree that it's a step down from FC and DoFP, but I still liked it. Again, lowered expectations probably factored into it, but I can't ignore my reaction
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I'm not disparaging your opinion, I just think it's completely wrong

kidding, kidding but this was the nail in the coffin for me with Singer doing anything else with this world.

It was just such a boring fucking movie that felt like a movie and not a real universe. Those last fights were a fucking slog, and overall felt like a slap to the dick with the good will he brought with DoFP.

I'm still mad I blind bought this. Compared to the other super hero flicks that came out around the same time, it's the worst of the bunch.

Magneto was so fucking bland in this and making Mystique the focus is still such a poor choice in this universe. They cannot do anything with it.

Also, that Logan sequence? FANWANKERY at its worst.

That being said, Nightcrawler is still great.

Comment

• I need a nerd to explain (in this universe, not the comics) why Apoc needed those lame ass mutants to help him do anything since he's a fucking god. Like it felt like they had to do it because it was in the comics, but what the fuck is that lame fucking Angel and Olivia Munn bringing to the table. Apoc could just wave his rubber arms and turn everyone into sand. Makes no sense.

Comment

• My take is that he was fairly all powerful but he wasn't omniscient (hence why he wanted Charles). Having the 4 Horsemen meant that they could cover things that he wasn't aware of. Once he assimilated into Charles and could therefore connect with everyone, he wouldn't need the Horsemen.

Comment

• Shrugs. I liked it.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I finally saw it. 2 night s ago.

Wish I didn't.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Isaac is menacing when he isn't speechifying. Loudly.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The gag reel is pretty good. Jennifer Lawrence constantly asking for lunch cracked me up for some reason. It's obvious that they all like each other and that kinda shines through on their performances.

Comment

Working...
                                X