Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Kids room is super close to the TV. Have to watch stuff kinda quiet. Ruins it a bit.
    OR buy some nice wireless headphones for your PS4. It's what Lesley and I did to watch movies in our old place where our neighbors were dicks.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

OR buy some nice wireless headphones for your PS4. It's what Lesley and I did to watch movies in our old place where our neighbors were dicks.
      I have one set.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Buy another set and watch movies with Ingrid with full on loudness. IT's great.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

I have one set.

Double post. Derp
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Right.

Awful. Just... Goddamn.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Warcraft.

I'm a sucker for sword-and-sorcery epics and I couldn't follow what the Hell was going on. You literally have to know the games and universe beforehand to understand this shit. It makes zero effort to assess the material for a general audience, and that's a pretty big deal when we're talking about a $200-$300M blockbuster, with the intent of launching a franchise, here.

Not the unapologetic "Mad man on display" epic as Gods of Egypt, which straight up knew how stupid it was and embraced that. Deliciously so, I'd add.

Spoiler: Spoilehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhers 
              This acts like it's a deeper level of world-building. Only you can't follow anything. It's all over the place. Things happen. For reasons. Characters we know as good guys turn bad. For reasons.

And it has the arrogance to end on a "See You in 2 Years..." ending with half the cast dead and closing on baby orc Moses parable.

To give you an idea of how bad this is, the screening last night was full and overwhelming the turn out was hardcore fans (some even dressed up) with a contest beforehand where they fought over what house broke the alliance of--blah blah blah- for prizes.

So you know... cheering, laughter, screaming, etc. to be expected. When the film ended... maybe 10 people clapped. The rest, silence.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Orc Moses is Thrall, and he upgraded to Orc Jesus two expansions ago.

I AM HYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Got my in game transmog items last night too.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Not the unapologetic "Mad man on display" epic as Gods of Egypt, which straight up knew how stupid it was and embraced that. Deliciously so, I'd add.
                  YEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss. With each passing day, I love GODS OF EGYPT more and more. That thing is going to develop a ludicrously obsessive and loyal cult following in the coming years.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-20-scarie...ade-1778779327

Solid list here. I've seen all but 3. Pretty much agree with it.

Comment

• "But THE WITCH isn't a horror movie!", said fucking morons.

Comment

• Women with agency. THE SCARIEST MOVIE.

Comment

• Let's go down this list:

20: The Host - GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. Movie is nowhere near being scary.

19: Black Swan - GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. Horror? No. Thriller yes.

18. Absentia - Never saw it. Need to fix that. Sounds good.

17: Martyrs - It's fucked up but again, not scary.

16: Sinister - Finally something that makes sense. Ending is a b it meh, but the home videos were fucking perfect

15.Berberian sound Studio - totally boring to me. Definitely not scary.

14. The Orphanage - Never saw it.

13. Kill List- again, never saw it and they even say it's not horror. SHITTY LIST IS SHITTY.

12.The House of the Devil - SO OVERRATED.

11.Drag me to Hell - Hated this in theater, hated it on blu, definitely not scary. Way more slapsticky thanks to Raimi.

10. [REC] - Actually dug this one but then again I'm a sucker for found footage shit.

9. You're Next - On my list to see, haven't had a chance. Heard good things from you guys.

8. The Last Exorcism - Really dug this one, specially the ending.

7. The Conjuring - Yep. This also worked for me. Not sure about the sequel, but I watch this at least 3-4 times a year. Love Wilson and Taylor.

6.Insidious - Awesome up until they ran out of money and made the ending fucking stupid.

5. Let the Right One in - Good but hardly scary in the slightest

4.The Witch- Haven't seen it, pretty sure I won't like it.

3.Babadook - dug it and fits on this list more than some of the other

2. Paranormal Activity - Dig it only when watching the alt ending. Prefer the 3rd one actually.

1.IT Follows - Great soundtrack, mediocre movie.

Comment

• Goodnight, Mommy should have made that list to be honest.

Comment

• GOODNIGHT, MOMMY would've been a good pick, for sure.

Dude, you gotta see YOURE NEXT.

Comment

• Shit, where is the Decent or The Ruins, fuck even the remake of The Evil Dead makes more sense.

God this list is shitty.

Comment

Working...
                                X