Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Christmas turned out to be pretty funny. Editing was a bit uneven but for a "just grab anything off of titborrent" last minute decision it turned out Ok. Mo'Nique is the shit in it. And JB Smoove plays the perfect self centered asshole.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      LADY GHOSTBUSTERS- MMMEEEEEEHHHHHH. There are parts of this that I really liked but as a whole it is super boring and uninteresting. I think the references to the old movies actually work against it. It is so much less than the original movie that it's a disservice to what they're doing here. I like Kate McKinnon but it's like she's acting in a completely different movie. It's a bummer because I really wanted to like this. Boo.
      Yep. I honestly don't get the people who liked it. Feels like they have to since they were so vocal when everyone was saying it looked terrible. Such a shitty unfunny movie. Just terrible.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Throw out your weird as fuck Christmas movie recommendations.
        Magic Christmas Tree
        Christmas Evil
        Santa Claus vs. The Devil
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I watched LIVE DIE REPEAT again this morning. Man, that movie is rad. I should have bought that Alice Zhang "Angel of Verdun" portrait last year.

Comment

• Hell or High Water. Really dug this one. Bridges was great and Foster was a bunch of fun to watch. Dug that ending too.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Hell or High Water. Really dug this one. Bridges was great and Foster was a bunch of fun to watch. Dug that ending too.
              Just watched it too. Really liked it. A less abstract No Country For Old Men.

Also, if you're from Texas and drink Pibb you are indeed an asshole. And I've been in restaurants with that waitress before, holy shit.

Comment

• That waitress was the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Just watched it too. Really liked it. A less abstract No Country For Old Men.

Also, if you're from Texas and drink Pibb you are indeed an asshole. And I've been in restaurants with that waitress before, holy shit.
                  Yeah, that Pibb bit was fucking spot the fuck on and hilarious. Also every diner has one of those waitresses. Such a good movie.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• There are absolutely places in small town Texas I've ate at that gave the "what don't you want speech?" and they serve like 3 dishes made one way. I couldn't stop laughing.

Comment

• Batman V. Superman. It's shit. 100% genuine, bona fide dogshit. Damn thing's narrative structure was a mess, it looks like it was shot on only cloudy days because grimdark, and I really, really want to smack Jesse Eisenberg's hyperactive hipster Luthor in the face. With a sledgehammer. Repeatedly.

Get Paul Dini, get Bruce Timm, get that old school superhero magic they brought to the DC Animated Universe way back when, and shit can this wannabe Marvel franchise NOW. Back to fucking formula, WB.

Comment

• I'm assuming you watched the non extended version on HBO?

Comment

• Hacksaw Ridge.

Gibson's abilities as a filmmaker never went away, just because Hollywood shunned him for a decade (right or wrong). So hearing these "WELCOME BACK, MEL!" remarks are dumb, and I was one of those dumb asses to say that after seeing it.

So well-done with stuff that won't get outta your head, like the "Please God, just one more!" montage, rats eating on dead soldiers and yes violence on a near-fetishistic level.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• People shit on Mel for showing that level of violence (not saying you are Jamie) but fuck man, have they been on the net lately? Within 2 minutes I can have beheading videos and dudes stomping puppies for fun and all kinds of other sick disgusting shit. Violence occurs and to act like film is above that is fucking hysterical imho.

Comment

• No offense taken. It didn't bother me (There is a Christ like pose that made me groan on the other hand...) but it was noticeable.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I'm assuming you watched the non extended version on HBO?
                                Yeah, but I don't think I can sit through an extended version of this... this mess. I mean, I love my TV and don't want to fuck up my screen by throwing a shoe through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X