Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the extended. Get all the pain you can.

Comment

• EXTENDED all the way.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• No pain. It's actually a much better movie now. It's not Civil War level but it's much more entertaining and makes way more sense.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead.

My goddamn jam. Skeezy Duchovny, hot Applegate, Creepy guy who plays Gus, and Keith "Dishes are done, man" Coogan.

Still holds up and works for me. Dig it.

I really wanted to watch Toy Soldiers last night but couldn't find it on my streaming stuff so this had to do.

Comment

• Toy Soldiers still holds up too.

Comment

• Lenny Briscoe as Ensign Crusher's mob boss dad? Heck yeah, it holds up. That is still a great movie.

Comment

• Toy Soldiers was my favorite movie as a kid. The Wishmaster holding kids hostage and the head Goonie fucking up their plans? sold.

Comment

• As I'm on vacation, and Troy's berfday was the other day, I'm catching up on my long list of films I've been meaning to watch:

The Martian - really dug this. Damon did a great job as Watney, and watching his attempts at keeping himself going until either he died or was rescued was captivating. Also, watching his frustrations when shit didn't work out was heartbreaking. Beautifully shot (Mars never looked so good!), great performances all around (damn, was Jeff Daniels great in this - kind of wanted to punch him, and I'm surprised Sean Bean's character didn't, y'know?).

Carrie (2013 version) - Not bad, really, and that's mostly due to the performances of Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore. Moore's Mrs. White was pretty creepy, but not to the level of Piper Laurie's take, which was off the rails psycho. Watching her subtly punish herself in the laundromat was a nice character tic.

Moretz did a great job here, too. Watching her as this timid kid was a nice change of pace from her usual, self-confident roles that I usually see her in. But Sissy Spacek did it better - her Carrie just shut down and became this emotionless force of nature when the prom scene hit, where Moretz' Carrie almost had a gleeful look in her eye. I was half expecting her to throw out some one-liners here and there.

In parts, though, it felt like an MTV produced teen flick, and like Troy said on his site, the character arc for Sue was a bit off, as there wasn't any real closure with what she did to Carrie early on. Oh, sure, like in the original version and book, she was preggers (her appearance at Carrie's house during the final blow out really felt tacked on) but that whole subplot could've been excised. It'll never replace the '76 version, but still worth a view.

Comment

• Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Still totally holds up and god I have a thing for JJL. Mr. Hand is the best.

Comment

• Fast Times Jennifer Jason Leigh was finer than fine. Excellent taste, lad!

Comment

• Yeah, no argument there. Add in the Phoebe factor and hooo boy.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Phoebe Kate was a goddess in the 80s. Exactly my style.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'd have gone for JJL over Phoebe, but that's just me.

Comment

• THE INVITATION - not as good as the hype would have you believe but still good. The long silences and held shots do a lot to set an unnerving tone. The last shot was excellent and maybe the most haunting part (aside from the flashbacks). It would make a good companion film to another movie discussed recently in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                THE INVITATION - not as good as the hype would have you believe but still good. The long silences and held shots do a lot to set an unnerving tone. The last shot was excellent and maybe the most haunting part (aside from the flashbacks). It would make a good companion film to another movie discussed recently in this thread.
                                The feel good film of the year.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X