Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s one I’ve never seen. I wasn’t the right age when it came out and then it just wasn’t a high priority to seek it out. Might have to give it a whirl this year.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• It's the second best thing that Denis Leary has ever done behind ripping off Bill Hicks wholesale, and showing up in Demolition Man. It is really fucking funny though.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        The Ref. The one time a year it gets watched. It works everytime. Still funny after decades.
        It's one of the best scripts ever. Line after line of great dialog that benefits from pitch perfect delivery from the stars.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I watched Leo on Netflix the other day while I was wrapping presents. Fairly standard Sandler fare in regards to jokes, timing, whatnot. But it was pretty cute and had a couple of moments that I genuinely cackled and snorted. It ended poignantly but not super sappy. Would recommend if you’re looking for something to watch on a lazy day off.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• The Holdovers.

Strange what a simple yet fully realized set of characters and what refraining from typical melodramatics can do. Entertaining, bittersweet, and a welcome return to form for Alexander Payne, whose last two films just didn't have a similar confidence or focus in their results. Surprising this came from a sitcom writer in David Hemington--until you see his credit list also includes Pete and Pete, then it makes sense.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rebel Moon. I know I'm in the minority but I liked it. It felt like he took any number of pulpy sci-fi tropes and did some speed ramping. The alien designs were dope as were the ship designs. Was this mostly setup? Yes. Do I care? No. Gimme part two. And gimme more of those tentacle things Mr. Not Nicholas Hoult was all about that we all know will come back to do something...right?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Godzilla Minus One - believe the hype, as it's the goods. First Godzilla movie in a good long while where I actually care about the lead human's story; there's a bunch of themes to unpack, each of which would make for a great indy film as long as the director of Minus One was doing it.

Also Godzilla was terrifying in this, the complete opposite of the Legendary series, which I like quite a bit. This is old school 1954 style Godzilla, with all the fear of the Atomic Age intact. See this ASAP.

Comment

• Leave the World Behind. Finally checked this out. Dug it and got the ending I wanted.

Comment

• The Creator. Nothing groundbreaking from a story point of view. Basically a 2.5 hour version of that 10-minute animated short from the Animatrix. Could have 30 mins cut imo but even with that, I still enjoyed it for what it is and it's one of the first movies that had that District 9 feeling. The FX were in service of the movie and weren't showy for the most part. I love me some chunky future and this felt like Death Stranding at points with the designs and whatnot. Dug it, free on Hulu I believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X