Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    I'd say torrents personally.

You'd be right. Studios police and monitor torrent sites. The streaming scenario goes out of the realm of their control. Especially when the originating sites are in foreign territories.

They can eventually get them, but it's an investment vs. open and shut with torrents.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      I...uh...got my hands on a screener copy.

It is still out in select theaters, though. I know it's playing at one theater at least in the Twin Cities still.
      Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Matt, you don't have to lie. You watched a screener from a streaming site. Its OK.
      Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Jamie uploaded the screener.

GET HIM!

Comment

• Well, THAT ^ was unexpected.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• re-watched The Interview with Ceej last night. Still laughed my fucking ass off. I really fucking enjoy this movie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            You'd be right. Studios police and monitor torrent sites. The streaming scenario goes out of the realm of their control. Especially when the originating sites are in foreign territories.

They can eventually get them, but it's an investment vs. open and shut with torrents.
            Hmmmm, cool. Was just wondering since I never torrents or streams ever.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Whiplash - Wow. Simmons praise is justified in my book. Teller is pretty damned great in this too. I'm not sure how everyone else takes the ending but it's kind of depressing to see
                Spoiler: DONT LOOK 
              Teller's character still longing for approval

That being said, I really enjoyed this one.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Into the Woods - It's fucking horrible, not even worth watching for Blunt or Kendrick and I love both of them.

Comment

• THE VISITOR- crazy (Italian? based on some of the production staff even though it takes place in Atlanta) Sci-fi/horror movie from the '70s. The eternal struggle between "Jerzy" and "Sateen" over the innocents. Pretty good soundtrack, weird-as-shit everything else. Sam Peckinpah shows up for one disaster of a scene. IMDB tells me he worked for one day and couldn't remember any of his lines so they dubbed them in with another guy. Made a lot of sense after that.

Comment

• The French Connection.

Confession time: I had not made it a point to see this until last night when I saw it was available to stream. The sequel had been on there for a while and it was just a matter of time before the big bad mother showed up. No offence to Frankenheimer, I just prefer a sequential progression. It's not that I never wanted to see it, just that I was saving until after marriage.

What a fucking white knuckle affair throughout, Friedkin's obsession with authenticity shines through in every frame.

Hack-Man and Scheider are great that feel natural as partners on the thin blue line, and seeing Fernando Rey play a smooth criminal after seeing him be a cuckolded fool in Bunuel's Discreet Object of Desire was entertaining in itself. Really, everyone in the cast was excellent.

Finally seeing the lauded chase scene climax, I consciously felt my eyes widening during Hack-Man's fevered jaunt through traffic below the metro line. Reading and listening to how the bastards pulled off the camerawork and the trickery (like cutting the frames to 18FPS and leaving in actual car accidents made in error by the stunt team.) to make it so terrifying to watch makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I needed a smoke or a gallon of bourbon after that sequence. Goddamn.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's one of the best movies ever. I mean, there's a reason they actually used that pursuit as a lesson at the training academy. Man, I might have to watch it again this afternoon.

I watched THE THING this morning since I'm basically living in Antarctica right now. Practical effects are just so much better. Stupid CGI.

Comment

• One of my favorite afternoons of move going was French Connection paired with The Conversation. I walked about a bit concerned about the illuminati though.

Comment

• Correction: seemed to mix two Bunuel movies that Rey starred in, it was in the OBSCURE Object of Desire in which he played the aforementioned character.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            It's one of the best movies ever. I mean, there's a reason they actually used that pursuit as a lesson at the training academy. Man, I might have to watch it again this afternoon.

I watched THE THING this morning since I'm basically living in Antarctica right now. Practical effects are just so much better. Stupid CGI.
                            Goddammit, now I wanna have a French Connection/The Thing combo viewing NOW!!!!
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              Correction: seemed to mix two Bunuel movies that Rey starred in, it was in the OBSCURE Object of Desire in which he played the aforementioned character.

Correction noted.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I felt like a dunce for that one. Discreet Charm of the Bourgeois is very good in its own right.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X