Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I unabashedly love Your Highness. Mind you I haven't seen it since its opening.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Alright, The Interview was really funny.

But let's not discuss Your Highness ever again. What a turd.
      Watched it again tonight with Lesley. Still laughed. And Your Highness has a pretty funny first half, with a really mediocre last half.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• John Wick again.....Yep still fucking amazing
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Awesome, The Interview hits Netflix this weekend. It's so fucking funny.
          If by funny you mean "wildly hit and miss, mostly miss" then yes.

Jokes mostly fell flat, Rogen was at an irritating level of Rogenery (if he went away for ten years, it would make me a happy man), the gore shit was lame and used to the opposite effect that was intended (just fuckin' gross, not comedic at all), and the constant talking like they were all street was just dumb.

The Sook lady was charming/hot/hotly charming, and Franco tried really hard to make it work (the "Firework" bit at the end of the eponymous interview went on way too fucking long, though), but man, that was pretty bad.

It all just felt really lazy, telegraphed, and as a result, largely unfunny.

I swear I'm not a robot and I don't want to be labeled a contrarian. This just did nothing for me.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I agree with Russ about the violence. It struck me more as "gee, that's gross" than "holy shit, did you see that?!" Otherwise, I think this is probably the most entertaining of the Rogen-Franco stoner movies. Even though it needed more Lizzy Caplan. This performance and his Riff Raff impersonation should be the bulk of Franco's highlight reel when he gets a lifetime achievement Oscar in 40 years.

Or maybe he just honeydicked me.

Comment

• It's all good. Comedies like most shit here are completely hit or miss with this group. This just hit for me. For everything. The violence shit was fucking HILARIOUS in my opinion. Felt like some Troma level stuff. I've now seen this three times in the span of a month and I still find it fucking hilarious. This is overtaking Pineapple as my go-to comedy for Franco/Rogen.

I don't get the hate for Seth in this though. Besides the tiger stuff, he was pretty fucking lo-key in my opinion.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• People turned on Seth like a year ago for some reason, and won't let it go. I don't get it, dude is consistently funny. And Neighbors was great.

Comment

• I was a little annoyed by some of Rogen's shenanigans earlier in his career. Then Jonah Hill showed up and I realized how lucky we were.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    People turned on Seth like a year ago for some reason, and won't let it go. I don't get it, dude is consistently funny. And Neighbors was great.
                    It's the yelling=funny thing that I don't enjoy.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• GREEN HORNET was the beginning of the ant-Rogen sentiment, I think.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        John Wick again.....Yep still fucking amazing
                        Yupp just finally saw this last night and loved it. Was digging the fuck out of how vicious Keanu was.. even if he shot a guy 4 times in the chest he would still always put another one in the face to finish the job. Well shot, action was on point, some nice appearances by Dafoe, Leguizamo, McShane, even Super Shredder and the Dean of Mean Keith Jardine. Loved it.

Only gripe was I couldn't buy Theon Greyjoy as a Russian, couldn't he even attempt a Russian accent while speaking English? Reek-ed.
                        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Tron:Legacy

I've had a hankering to watch this for months as it's been a long time. Rented it off amazon last night. I still really fucking love this flick. It's gorgeous, has a great soundtrack, and Bridges is a ton of fun in it.

Would love to get a sequel. Hopefully we do.

Comment

• The Daft Punk soundtrack is amazing. It's perfect. And the remix too.

I still lvoe that movie, and while it falls a bit apart in the last act, the first 45 minutse are so great.

ALSO:

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Virunga.

Very emotional and engaging doc about Africa's oldest national park and the encroachment on all sides by oil interests, warring government factions, and poachers.

It is also beautifully shot and edited, something with which I usually have a negative reaction with documentary films, as I'm a Fred Wiseman type who wants the illusion of being a fly on the wall.

Here, it's done so well that I was hooked for the entirety of the running time.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Dictator

I laughed more than I expected. Not bad. It's not Borat, but it ain't fucking Bruno either.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X