Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    Whoa whoa. I get called a pretentious cunt who should kill himself for liking a couple of films.

And I'm the one overreacting? I'm not gonna suck that guy's dick just cos he sees some films early and that is not the banter this place is built on. I'm not a touchy guy, but he's been shelling me with dickhead comments for a while now and he overstepped the mark. His judgement's fucked and he hides behind an 'hilarious' persona to get away with it.
    I get it Ben. I really do. Anderson's post was at best dumb and really uncalled for. No matter how pissed he is for whatever reason, it's still cheap of him.

But can you let it go just for a moment please? Howard fucking died, so I don't think anyone here is in the mood for that.

And Anderson, just stop.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Everyone needs to chill.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Didn't know that about Howard. Apologies to everyone else and condolences.

I'm out.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• PM being sent to both of you.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            PM being sent to both of you.
            WHAT ABOUT ME? iIM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU??????????????? IS THAT IT?????????

Comment

• THE CONJURING

We're not really into scary movies, but we decided to give this one a go due its great reviews and such. We dug it...some good jumps in it, and the solid acting from the leads helped us engage enough with the story to be able to suspend our disbelief.

I didn't care for the ending all that much, though. It just kinda ends...bam, the exorcism worked. I wanted to see more after that, but no...that's it, roll credits.

We still liked it, though. Best jump: Lili Taylor in the cellar hearing the voice say 'wanna play hide and clap?', and then seeing the hands behind her clap in the darkness.

I think we'll give SINISTER a go next.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I dig Conjuring a lot, but Sinister truly fucked with me.

Comment

• I really liked Sinister. Will watch The Conjuring.

Comment

• I hyped up the Conjuring when it first hit. It was fucking GLORIOUS in the theater.

Sinister is good, but as a ghost movie I prefer The Conjuring.

That being said: LAWNMOWER.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, the wife and I came pretty close to seeing THE CONJURING when it was in the theaters. When it ended, we looked at each other and said that we wish we had seen it there to get the communal scare effect. Next time for sure.

Indeed, if one comes out that's in the same league as THE CONJURING, let me know and we'll try to see it theatrically.

Comment

• We saw it at like 10 am in a slightly packed house. Ceej, Lesley and I all jumped at the right parts and everything It went over like gang busters.

Comment

• Yeah, Conjuring is an amazing group experience. Sinister just has shit you can't forget. Lawnmower? GARAGE.

Comment

• What's the buzz on that new Eric Bana one, DELIVER US FROM EVIL? Could be promising.

Comment

• Problem with these movies is that 1 out of 10 is really good, and the rest ranges from ok to terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Problem with these movies is that 1 out of 10 is really good, and the rest ranges from ok to terrible.
                                And that's EXACTLY why we wanted to see THE CONJURING.

Comment

Working...
                                X