Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I love Grindhouse. SO GODDAMN MUCH.

BUT.

Dogs is great and in a whole different world than GH.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Grindhouse =

The best Nightmare City fanfilm ever made

fake trailers

Tarantino underselling himself on a great Russ Meyer by way of William Girdler flick.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Of his grindhouse style flicks, Grindhouse is my favorite. The others? Not so much.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It's hard for me to pick a favorite Tarantino flick since I find stuff in each one that clicks with me on one level or another. If forced, though, I'd probably go with Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs as my top two. Kill Bill 1 &2, Inglorious Basterds, Django, Jackie Brown - all of 'em are winners in my book. Tarantino can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned - dude keeps me entertained.

His obsession with feet though... don't get me started.

Also, firmly with Rerb re: the Grindhouse love, though, Anderson forgive me, I should've made the Russ Meyer connection far sooner than I did. Shit, now I want Tarantino to DO a proper Meyer homage. Who're this generation's Kitten Natividad, Erica Gavin and Tura Satana? Get 'em on the phone!
          Last edited by Timothy225; 01-30-2014, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
            Of his grindhouse style flicks, Grindhouse is my favorite. The others? Not so much.
            Grindhouse is dog shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              His obsession with feet though... don't get me started.
              It is pretty awesome.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't get it myself, Russ, but I must admit, from his love of feet...

we eventually got this...

I'll allow it.

Comment

• You have no choice.

You have to take it.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Grindhouse is dog shit.
                    Grindhouse is a goof, and it's SUPPOSED to be a goof. So it works. Django is a goof trying to get you to take it seriously. So were both Kill Bills. And for some reason, that infuriates me. Are they devoid of good stuff, of course not. Carradine killed it. Madsen & Hannah were great, too. The German dentist/bounty hunter (too lazy to look up his name) was awesome. As was Sam Jackson. But the ending of Django was weak, Fox had almost nothing to do, and the over the top blood in all 3 is just ridiculous. These are as far from perfection as RD & PF are near it.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• If I hear Tim Roth's panicked squealing ever again it will be too soon.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Don't ever discuss the work of Tarantino as a goof in my presence again.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          Don't ever discuss the work of Tarantino as a goof in my presence again.
                          Yeah, I think we need to look into the legalities of voting Iggy off the island for a few days. Da Fuq mang?
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            Grindhouse is a goof, and it's SUPPOSED to be a goof. So it works.
                            It doesn't work because Death Proof is a fucking embarrassment of a movie.

Comment

• The first half of Death Proof is a fucking embarrassment. The second half is fantastic.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• but Planet Terror still shits all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X