Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    love the avatar, the status, and this message. Kudos Ben.

Well, at least he's admitting that he's a pretentious cunt. It's the first of the 12 steps.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• keep it civil man.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        keep it civil man.

I'm keeping it civil. I'm not appreciating the kid gloves routine, though.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• The thing with The Counsellor is that it is easy to write off on the grounds of the characters being greedy, selfish, entitled assholes. But I don't think you have to like characters to enjoy something (necessarily) and - even though he oversteps the line a couple of times - McCarthy's writing is still fun. And it's still better than Prometheus.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Shit, Counselor just hit HBO. Watching it this week.

Comment

• I caught a little bit of THE COUNSELOR yesterday (we were flipping around, waiting for PENNY DREADFUL to start). What I saw of it looked really good, actually...good enough that I'm going to record it and give it a go later.

In the meantime, we watched ENOUGH SAID. As far as modern Rom-Coms go, this one is actually pretty good. It's nothing ground-breaking, but the writing is above par and the relationship between Julia Louid-Dryfuss and James Gandolfini feels very real, and the they have exceptional chemistry together. Some of the dialog between them is really good, and they know how to make it zing. It's a superior film of the genre.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'll watch anything with Gandolfini in. The guy had... something intangible. A warmth and soul, even in his meanest moments. I love his horrific, pathetic turn in Killing Them Softly.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• He's pretty amazing in this one, Ben. It's a trifle of a movie, but it's a well done trifle with a couple of actors who are obviously having a really good time making a film. It's casual and relaxed.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Skipped Counselllllllouououuour in favor of Calvary. Depressing but well made film. Plus Littlefinger as a coked out ME (I think). I'd recommend it to all you cunts, even the overseas ones.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Calvary's my favourite film of the year so far. Really, deeply affected me. Gleeson, Gleeson jr., Kelly Reilly and Chris O'Dowd are all fantastic.

Comment

• Totes mcgoats
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The wife and I are working our way through THE THIN MAN movies. It's definitely diminishing returns: the first one is fucking awesome, but the sequels get progressively worse and tedious as they try to force the humor. It's a shame, because the easygoing charm of the original is really quite wonderful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            The wife and I are working our way through THE THIN MAN movies. It's definitely diminishing returns: the first one is fucking awesome, but the sequels get progressively worse and tedious as they try to force the humor. It's a shame, because the easygoing charm of the original is really quite wonderful.
                            QFT

Comment

• Watched a couple last night.

Monuments Men - I can see why some said the movie didn't know what it wanted to be, but the tonal shifts didn't really bother me. They just reminded me that Clooney was directing as he seems to do the same thing with his career, shifting from dramas to comedies back and forth. I saw that more as an extension of him than anything else. Of course I'm no professional reviewer or anything like that so I could be completely off but I enjoyed the movie. Only thing that bothered me was the Saving Private Ryan-ish ending. That felt a bit borrowed I would say.

Road to Paloma - Like Troy said on AV not a film you'd expect to see WWE films bankrolling at all. Quite enjoyed this one too. Mamoa is a talented dude and I'm anxious to see where he goes next.

EDITED TO ADD: Also glad to see Michael Raymond-James get some post Terriers work.
                              Last edited by B_Metal; 07-05-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• I thought that was Roman Reigns for a minute.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X