Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite a few films have been viewed over the holidays, so I'd just like to focus on this to emphasize my surprise...

Maybe I was feeling uncharacteristically generous at the time, but Crystal Skull was on TV here recently and I enjoyed it a lot more the second time round. It's obviously nowhere near as good as its predecessors, but once the adventure really gets going, I found it very hard to dismiss what is a wonderfully old-fashioned yarn filled with humour and sentimentality. Even the CG animal time didn't bother me and I promise I wasn't drunk whilst watching.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I DEMAND FOOTAGE.

*goesbacktowatchingtheparamilitarychristmasspecial *
      It was done via mocap. And Lobo was voiced by Downey.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Instead of Supes I want Snyder to direct a LOBO movie.
        I'd like to see Neveldine and Taylor do something akin to the Blade stuff from Marvel's brief spin with New Line. Just hard R idiot mayhem.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Lobo got killed after Ritchie delivered a God-awul looking screen test.

If UNCLE delivers, it might get resurrected.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Live action Monchichi's directed by Aronofsky or death!!!!
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              It's the second best Superman film yet made in my opinion, for what that's worth.
              I still loved it, and I'll say it is the best Superman movie ever. Hell, the Donner flick, if you remove all that nostalgia, ain't that a good movie. Same for Superman 2, if it's slightly better.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Not being Superman is what makes it cool, because Superman sucks.
              I kinda agree with that, but Superman is just a tough character to do correctly. Look at all the failed (read: all) the former movie before, who failed, to various degrees.

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              Maybe I was feeling uncharacteristically generous at the time, but Crystal Skull was on TV here recently and I enjoyed it a lot more the second time round. It's obviously nowhere near as good as its predecessors, but once the adventure really gets going, I found it very hard to dismiss what is a wonderfully old-fashioned yarn filled with humour and sentimentality. Even the CG animal time didn't bother me and I promise I wasn't drunk whilst watching.
              This is something I don't get. I mean, this is what I feel about Rolland Emmerich flicks. Not the silly-fun one, I mean the shitty ones. I really tried giving Skull a chance but it jsut fell flat as a bland CG actionner featuring a washed up star, a shit sidekick and a semi-interesting villainess.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                Quite a few films have been viewed over the holidays, so I'd just like to focus on this to emphasize my surprise...

Yeah. Good old-fashioned (prairie)dogshit.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watched the first 2 X-Men movies last night. Nightcrawler is the best thing ever still. Alan rocks my face off.

Man though, the first movie is so small. I remember it being much bigger. Still bummed that Toad went out like a bitch.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm just saying it felt much better watching it again with a little distance and perhaps more objectivity. Like I said, it's hardly vintage work from those involved, but it's still a much more emotionally engaging adventure than most of the action pictures in recent years.

That comparison seems very harsh, Martin. Even disappointing Steve-o is far beyond anything I've seen from Roland and co.

Alan was truly fantastic, Rob. I'm glad we can at least agree on that!
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I'd rather watch ID4 any day of the year than sit through Spielberg's worst (which may be few, but are made all the worse given his track record).
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        I'd rather watch ID4 any day of the year than sit through Spielberg's worst (which may be few, but are made all the worse given his track record).
                        Yep. Spielberg ain't perfect.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I didn't say he was perfect, but he's a far more interesting and accomplished filmmaker - even when he's stumbling - than a man whose finest work is seen universally as "big dumb fun". At best.

Comment

• American Hustle

I loved it. I didn't find it as empty as some have suggested, though I'll allow the real appeal is in the performances. The 5 leads are all great, but Bale is something else right now. I am fully in love with Amy Adams now too. But Lawrence threatens to steal the whole thing with just a handful of hilarious, demented scenes. Good to see Alessandro Nivola again, but why was he doing such an obvious Walken impression? Anyway, yeah, loved it, warts and all. Great soundtrack too.

Anchorman 2

Not a classic and at least 15 minutes too long (the whole Winnebago sequence was pretty dreadful and the fight didn't really work), with some noticeably laugh-free patches. However, I laughed enough times to give it a pass - a couple of bits had me really laughing - and Meagan Good gave me some serious wood. I imagine I'll pick it up when it goes cheap further down the line, if only to see the alternate takes McKay keeps talking about.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                              I didn't say he was perfect, but he's a far more interesting and accomplished filmmaker - even when he's stumbling - than a man whose finest work is seen universally as "big dumb fun". At best.
                              I don't see how this is an either/or situation beyond the fact that Steve once made a shit film while Roland once made a not-shit film.

Martin, stop prodding the Irishman!
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-01-2014, 05:14 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Back to the Future!" I was driving my sone someplace not long ago, and I had Huey Lewis' Greatest Hits on. I noted that "Power of Love" was the theme song for BttF!, & he expressed an interest in seeing it (and its sequels) when I gave him a plot synopsis. he loved this, and immediately wanted to see Part 2 (I have never had such an interest, so I left him to it while I went to go make dinner). But the 1st one holds up so remarkably well. He laughed his ass off at the skateboard around the park chase scene, culminating in the manure dumping on Biff & Co. Seeing this in the long gone State Theatre in Jersey City when I was 15 w/ some friends is one of my fondest memories from that period of my life. We all enjoyed the hell out of it then, and I still enjoy it now. Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd & Crispin Glover are awesome, and Lea Thompson is at her begulingly sultry, sexy, yet somehow innocent best. And "Where WE'RE going. . . we don't need. . . roads." Is still pretty badass. One thing I had forgotten was just how much they curse. My enjoyment was cut into a little by the cringes with every 4 letter word my 7 year old sat thru. I dig a lot of Michael J. Fox' work, but this is unquestionably my favorite.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X