Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a Spielberg mini marathon.

Jaws: - still so fucking great. Can't think of anything bad to say about it. Maybe that it needed more Robert Shaw.....

Close Encounters - God yes. Still such an amazing flick. Dreyfuss for the win.

Jurassic Park. - SHOOT HER. CLEVER GIRL. Still pretty entertaining. Also "COOL AN INTERACTIVE CD-ROM!"
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I watched 'Jaws' and CEot3K over Christmas. 'Jaws' is flawless, but I must admit to never caring for CEot3K. I'm not really sure why.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
        Had a Spielberg mini marathon.

Jaws: - still so fucking great. Can't think of anything bad to say about it. Maybe that it needed more Robert Shaw.....

Close Encounters - God yes. Still such an amazing flick. Dreyfuss for the win.

Jurassic Park. - SHOOT HER. CLEVER GIRL. Still pretty entertaining. Also "COOL AN INTERACTIVE CD-ROM!"
        1- complete agreement

2- same

3 - maybe
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• CEot3k holds a special place in my heart. Everything about it works for me on pretty much every fucking level.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ingrid hated Terry Garr so much.

Comment

• Terri Garr was fucking hot.

Comment

• Yes, but she played a total bitch in the flick.

Comment

• Dreyfuss's whole family is flawed.

Comment

• Three for three, Rob. All of 'em are great, Spielberg on the top of his game as far as blockbusters go.

Close Encounters is a flick I haven't seen in many, many years. Probably because I must've seen that movie about a hundred times when I was a kid (my buddies and I probably made back it's budget by ourselves with all the times we saw it in the theater). As far as Terri Garr's character went, I cut her a bit of slack as she had those kids to deal with and Dreyfuss going UFO happy probably pushed her too far.

Comment

• Also, Dreyfuss didn't come off like the best husband in the world prior to the UFO stuff.

Comment

• Truth, Rob. Both of 'em struck me as those "I heard they HAD to get married" parents. Parents I used to see all the time in my neighborhood.

Comment

• 'The Hangover Part II'

3 good laughs, a couple of chuckles, and a LOT of dead air. WEAK. Go see 'Bridesmaids' instead.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The camera push-in on Roy Neary's kid crying, while he tries to convince his family that he's not crazy is one of my favorite shots ever.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Hanna. Y´all should really watch that one!

Now that has been a pleasant surprise. Shades of Leon for the new millenium in a way. While the story is solid, this is elevated by the actors really having fun. Blanchett is revelling in being an evil bitch, Bana seems to have fun again acting on the screen and Ronan is a relevation, especially after seeing the Lovely Bones the other day. The last year has been sensational when it comes to kid actors given Ronan, Moretz and Steinfelds performances in the last year. Truly interesting new faces.

And Wright is definitely one director to watch in the future. The action scenes are expertly shot and for once you can clearly make out what´s happening. There can´t be enough praise for the dolly-shot of Bana fighting in the Subway (A station I´ve crossed hundreds of times in real life - always a pleasure to recognize locations), which does deliver in spades. And the Chemical Brothers soundtrack is one of the best uses of music I´ve heard in years. Utterly perfect additon to the action scenes that are worthy the price of admission alone.

Comment

• Hanna is fucking awesome. I loved it. So far my favorite of the year with 13 Assassins.

And the soundtrack.... Basement Jaxx FTW.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X