Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI

Really damned entertaining documentary about this 85 year old sushi maker in Tokyo, Japan. Who would have thought that this man's life story would be so interesting?

STAR WARS EPISODE II: AOTC

I was doing some ironing and paper shredding and needed something mindless to watch. This fit the bill. It's gorgeous to look at on blu ray, but that's really about the only positive thing to say about it.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• X3- I actually really fucking enjoyed this go around. Maybe it's because we watched all three X flicks in 2 days, but I didn't really have any issues with this minus the fact they killed Cyclops off screen and no one seems to give a shit.

The fight at Jean Gray's house is probably the best action sequence (that isn't the intro to Nightcrawler) from all 3 movies. I still enjoy Vinnie as Juggs as well. Yes it's silly, but for whatever reason it worked for me.

But we all know the MVP is Fraiser Crane. His Beast was fucking perfect IMO. Especially when he's throwing down and fucking guys up.

So yeah, I fanboyed out when I saw this in the theater and declared that Ratner ruined all of the things, but I have to say now, he did pretty well with what he had to work with.

It's still better than the first one.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yep, don't get the outright hate for X3 either. I don't agree with what they did with the characters, but it works within the context of the cinematic XMen universe.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I agree with you, Rob - its a damned entertaining movie, with a look and scale that surpasses X1. The only thing that irks me is the cramming in of the Phoenix story at the same time as everything else and not doing it justice. But I'll still defend it more than condemn it.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Yeah, and there was a deleted scene before the Professor gets killed that had Jean and him psychic battling it out in their minds that explained the Phoenix thing a bit more. Really not sure why they removed it.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              X3- I actually really fucking enjoyed this go around. Maybe it's because we watched all three X flicks in 2 days, but I didn't really have any issues with this minus the fact they killed Cyclops off screen and no one seems to give a shit.

The fight at Jean Gray's house is probably the best action sequence (that isn't the intro to Nightcrawler) from all 3 movies. I still enjoy Vinnie as Juggs as well. Yes it's silly, but for whatever reason it worked for me.

But we all know the MVP is Fraiser Crane. His Beast was fucking perfect IMO. Especially when he's throwing down and fucking guys up.

So yeah, I fanboyed out when I saw this in the theater and declared that Ratner ruined all of the things, but I have to say now, he did pretty well with what he had to work with.

It's still better than the first one.
              It's a fucking mess, but Ratner did the best job he could with Vaughn's structure and the movie that he was going to make.

Grammar was inspired casting (that was Matthew Vaughn), but FOX wanted too much shit from a guy that had trouble adapting Red Dragon.

It isn't terrible, but it's a major disappointment.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• See, and I thought that Ratner's RED DRAGON was pretty damned solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  See, and I thought that Ratner's RED DRAGON was pretty damned solid.
                  No one has really nailed down Red Dragon yet. Ratner got a lot closer than Mann. Yeah, I went there.

But, Ratner made a really fucking good episode of Law & Order and not the book.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Having recently re-watched both MANHUNTER and RED DRAGON, I'll actually agree with you. I prefer the overall direction and style of MANHUNTER, but RED DRAGON handles the overall story better and actually delivers on the ending.

Comment

• I don't think I've ever watched Red Dragon. I always heard it sucked.

Comment

• MANHUNTER completely shits the bed on the ending. It's a dumbed down, poorly edited dump of an ending that does not live up to the promise of the rest of the film.

RED DRAGON, for all of its faults, actually delivers the ending from the book (more or less) and is therefore more satisfying as an overall film experience, in my opinion.

Comment

• Will have to check it out.

Comment

• I hated Red Dragon. Norton was poorly cast and the rest of the cast were all let-downs. I can't speak for fidelity to the book, but Manhunter's a way better film.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• MANHUNTER is a better film in a lot of ways, but the ending is inexcusable.

Comment

• Why is it inexcusable?
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X