Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Evil Dead remake is legit. One of the best slasher/gore horror films in years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      I turned Evil Dead off after half an hour and haven't been back to it. SO I can't couch for any of the gory stuff, but the character introductions are painfully dumb and I lost patience when the hairy kid with glasses started reading from the book.
      Pucci IS painfully dumb.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I turned Evil Dead off after half an hour and haven't been back to it. SO I can't couch for any of the gory stuff, but the character introductions are painfully dumb and I lost patience when the hairy kid with glasses started reading from the book.
        No argument here, but how often do you ever get likable characters in flicks like this? And yes, the dude who disregarded the obvious signs and read the book was a dolt of the highest order. Fuckin' book even had "STOP READING ME" on some of the pages, but he soldiered on anyway. No sympathy at all for him when he got whacked.

Like Billy said, though, the flick was one of the nastier pieces of work in the genre in quite awhile.

Comment

You really should give it another chance. Yeah MumfordandSons is stupid, but he gets his.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fucking LOVED that remake.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Robocop (1987)

While the new take on Evil Dead worked for me (not so much for my best friend, who hated it), I can't see how the new version of this classic can possibly work at the level the original did. An ode to consumerism/evil corporations and how dominant they were back in the 80's (just like now!), Robocop is very much a product of its day, yet transcends that to play very well in today's world. The tech would have no problem fitting in nowadays, the messages/themes are very relevant in this post-Occupy world, and the performances work. No goofiness, no campiness - everyone played their parts straight and delivered a solid piece of work. The sequels and TV show might've tarnished its rep a bit, but the original still shines like Murphy's armor-plating.

Plus, Miguel Fucking Ferrer. Young. With hair. Snorting blow off a redhead's chest. Pissing off Ronny Cox AND Kurtwood Smith. TOP THAT, SOULLESS "GOTTA SELL ACTION FIGURES" REMAKE!
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• L'ECCLISSE (ECLIPSE), 1962, Antonioni

Really liked this one. It's a character study of a woman who ends an affair with one guy and starts up a new one with a younger stockbroker, played by Alain Delon. Great acting across the board and an interesting exploration of the changing dynamic between two people. It goes to some very dark places, and the ending really kinda hit me hard. Masterfully directed and beautifully shot in b/w. Glad I watched this one.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The subtext of nuclear annihilation made that one all the more eerie the second time I watched it.

I still prefer the previous installment of his alienation trilogy, La Notte. Good selection either way.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    The subtext of nuclear annihilation made that one all the more eerie the second time I watched it.

I still prefer the previous installment of his alienation trilogy, La Notte. Good selection either way.

I flip back and forth on La Notte and L'Ecclisse. However, I'm going to revisit La Notte during the upcoming Criterion sale.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• If they're on the sale list, I'm cashing in. I think I must have lent out my copy of L'Eclisse.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

If they're on the sale list, I'm cashing in. I think I must have lent out my copy of L'Eclisse.

La Notte hits Blu tomorrow, so it will be part of the sale.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

The subtext of nuclear annihilation made that one all the more eerie the second time I watched it.

We caught that subtext as well. It's very subtle, but the newspaper in the end sequence kinda gives it away.

I still need to see L'AVENTURRA and LA NOTTE. Based upon this film, I"ll be making a point of seeing both of those.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Also, those stock market sequences were absolutely riveting to watch. Really first class stuff all the way with great tension.

Comment

• THE LAST PICTURE SHOW (1971)

Finally. I've been meaning to watch this for years but never got around to it. It took me about 15 minutes to get into it (mainly because the of the sound...the mix for the dialog is muffled in a lot of spots) but holy cow...what an amazing film. Interesting characters with some interesting situations to get into and resolve. First class acting and writing from everyone.

Good GOD is Cybil Shepherd hot in this. Like, AMAZING hot. Boobs too...wasn't expecting that.

Ben Johnson's character of Sam the Lion is one of my all time favorite characters, now. His speech at the fishing hole is one for the ages.

Great stuff. Glad I finally got around to watching this. My wife grew up in a small town so kinda had a hard time watching it objectively, so her take on it was interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                THE LAST PICTURE SHOW (1971)

Finally. I've been meaning to watch this for years but never got around to it. It took me about 15 minutes to get into it (mainly because the of the sound...the mix for the dialog is muffled in a lot of spots) but holy cow...what an amazing film. Interesting characters with some interesting situations to get into and resolve. First class acting and writing from everyone.

Good GOD is Cybil Shepherd hot in this. Like, AMAZING hot. Boobs too...wasn't expecting that.

Ben Johnson's character of Sam the Lion is one of my all time favorite characters, now. His speech at the fishing hole is one for the ages.

Great stuff. Glad I finally got around to watching this. My wife grew up in a small town so kinda had a hard time watching it objectively, so her take on it was interesting.
                                I think Bogdanovich is a half-assed director.

But, between 1966-1973....you couldn't touch him.

Comment

Working...
                                X