Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man of HOLY FUCK WAS THAT AWESOME.

Costner/Crowe/Lane all were really good, Dude playing supes is boning Gina Carano and got to play supes so it's easy to say he hit the life lotto. I bought how he played the role especially his delivery of his final line as Clark. There was a TINY hint of awwwshucks farmboy in it that I dug. Also glad I finally got to see what Stabler did after retiring from SVU.

Pa Kents exit hit me harder than I thought it would, mostly because it was so selfless. Such a fatherly thing to do right after being told YOU'RE NOT MY REAL PA KENT!!

Only thing that really bothered me was the stupid digital camera deal with Lois at the iceberg deal, and the PERFECTLY flat area that Zod and Supes start their fight on. Other than that it's nitpicking imho.

Oh, and the score was fucking superb, sound levels were perfect at my theater.

I give it 2 uppercuts, to steal a line from Rob.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Crow. Lesley mentioned she had never seen it, so I knew what to be done. I still love the fuck out of this movie however....Lesley mentioned early on how much Top Dollar reminded her Bowie from Labyrinth and that killed it for me. Now I just saw David Bowie making out with Bai Ling through the movie.

Also, never forget than onions make you fart...big time.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Caw caw bang fu--get about the baby
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Also, never forget than onions make you fart...big time.
          And mor-phiiiine is bad for you.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• FIRE IT UP!! FIRE IT UP!!!

Comment

• I think we broke her...
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm not skank, dat's skank right dare, skanks deeeead!!
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY SHEETS!

Comment

• MONSTERS UNIVERSITY

It's good but not great. It's a very slight, trivial effort...a true 'one and done' type of film, not because it sucks (like CARS 2) but because there's nothing really there. It's pretty funny (there's a mother character who absolutely KILLS whenever she's on screen) and the animation is great, but there's really nothing there to engage. It's a passive experience, and I didn't connect with it on an emotional level at all.

You can definitely wait for video on this one.

The short film in front of it, THE BLUE UMBRELLA, is ok. It's gorgeous and is incredibly convincing in terms of photorealism, but the story is too on the nose and cutesy. I didn't care for it much.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Good to know. I have heard that the 3d is pretty though.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That's a real shame. The most winning element in Monsters Inc was the heart and the simplicity in the relationship between Sully and Boo, so it stands to reason that without something like that, the film suffers.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          That's a real shame. The most winning element in Monsters Inc was the heart and the simplicity in the relationship between Sully and Boo, so it stands to reason that without something like that, the film suffers.
                          The film is in desperate, DESPERATE need of a Boo character to help you engage with the story, because what's there just doesn't wrap you into the story beyond a surface level. It does have a strong dramatic theme regarding the fact that PURE HARD WORK will not always overcome personal limitations that are not your fault (and this is a laudatory theme, especially for a kid's movie), but it's not an emotional theme.

And Rob, the 3D WAS pretty good in this.

Comment

• HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET- what at first seems like an excuse some dude had to make Jennifer Lawrence run around in low cut tanks tops for an hour and a half pretty much proves to be just that. But it does take a left turn into crazy town at about the 1 hour 10 minute mark. Still, though, not very good.

Comment

• Low cut tank tops you say? *adds to instant queue*

Comment

• Basically the reason I watched it.

Comment

Working...
                                X