Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Samuel L is robbing a WacDonalds in Coming from America in that pic.
    Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
    THAT
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rush

Very enjoyable and certainly a lot better than many Ron Howard films. But it still left me a little cold come the end. I think I have an insurmountable issue with Chris Hemsworth as a leading man, he just isn't compelling in the slightest. Opposite Daniel Bruhl, he really does just look like so much gristle with blue eyes.

Elsewhere, the film is fine, if unspectacular. The sound design is awesome and the races are well shot. I liked the cinematography throughout and the score too - Mantle and Zimmer are delivering here. But there was an over-reliance on the race commentators to tell you every little thing that was going on as it was going on. At one point, I'm sure it went down to the level of 'Niki Lauda is getting out of his car'. I appreciate that Howard and Morgan were opening this up for an audience that doesn't necessarily follow F1, but I think they went too far and bogged down an otherwise breezy film by talking down to the viewer.

Not a bad film at all, as I say, very enjoyable. And Bruhl is great. But it's still just another Ron Howard film at the end of the day. He's yet to top Apollo 440 for my money.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Tried to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 last night. We both fell asleep. Didn't keep us entertained as much as the first one did. Will try to watch it again at some point.
        That's weird, I think it's better than the 1st. Loved the Steve Jobs/Apple/Google jab.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Rush

Very enjoyable and certainly a lot better than many Ron Howard films. But it still left me a little cold come the end. I think I have an insurmountable issue with Chris Hemsworth as a leading man, he just isn't compelling in the slightest. Opposite Daniel Bruhl, he really does just look like so much gristle with blue eyes.

Elsewhere, the film is fine, if unspectacular. The sound design is awesome and the races are well shot. I liked the cinematography throughout and the score too - Mantle and Zimmer are delivering here. But there was an over-reliance on the race commentators to tell you every little thing that was going on as it was going on. At one point, I'm sure it went down to the level of 'Niki Lauda is getting out of his car'. I appreciate that Howard and Morgan were opening this up for an audience that doesn't necessarily follow F1, but I think they went too far and bogged down an otherwise breezy film by talking down to the viewer.

Not a bad film at all, as I say, very enjoyable. And Bruhl is great. But it's still just another Ron Howard film at the end of the day. He's yet to top Apollo 440 for my money.
        Not a huge F1 fan, but what a great movie. Back when the drivers made the difference.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Star Trek Reboot. My son is becoming a Trek fan & it was on cable. He saw the name go by in the channel guide as I was looking up Olympic coverage. I still like this. It's more frenetic than any other entry in the series, but the Nero plot is something worthy of a Trek film. I like Quinto's and Pegg's performances, and Pine didn't suck. The action scenes were certainly fun to watch.

He wants to watch Into Darkness today, so I guess I'll see what the negative buzz is all about, whether I want to or not. . .
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The Robocop remake.

The first Robo-related property since the original masterwork that wasn't shit.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Your exclusion of Nukebot and Frank Miller: Drug Scientist tells me you're not ready for the bigs.

Because that film is hilarious/not shit. Not as great as the original, but a completely valid source of entertainment.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Robo 2 is the kind of mad cap, uneven mess the original would have been without Verhoeven. What it does have over the remake are interesting/memorable baddies, legit humor and cool Phil Tippett animation.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Your exclusion of Nukebot and Frank Miller: Drug Scientist tells me you're not ready for the bigs.

Because that film is hilarious/not shit. Not as great as the original, but a completely valid source of entertainment.
                  Everything in this post right here.

Robocop 2 is awesomely trashy in the best way possible. While the original is a better film, I usually end up watching the second one most times. Nuke is the shit.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Warm Bodies. Really dug this flick actually. Cordry was great as was Beast. The bones creatures were creepy as fuck. Nothing amazing but very entertaining.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• ST:ID is only available to buy On Demand, & not to rent. Damn. Guess we can't watch that today.

#Sarcasm
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I'm supposed to know the abbreviation here, but I just can't be arsed, so I'll throw out some guesses:

Stanislaw Titmouse: Indian Dildovendor

Shame Truck: Imaginary Driver

Symbolic Taint: Indoor Defense

Satan's Tevas: Insole Demons

Am I getting close at all?
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-16-2014, 10:12 AM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THROUGH THE NEVER- gimme foo, gimme faa, gimme this decent concert film. I really liked it. It has a good setlist, good stage show, and the weird meta story is relatively interesting with some really cool visuals.

Comment

• Man, you shoulda seen it on the big screen. Seeing Turjillo crabwalk around his room made of speakers was fucking hilarious in IMAX.

(Hearing "Orion" that way was also wonderful.)
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Everything in this post right here.

Robocop 2 is awesomely trashy in the best way possible. While the original is a better film, I usually end up watching the second one most times. Nuke is the shit.
                              I still like Robo 2 a lot. The strings of failed Robocop is so awesome.

I remember being traumatized by the kid doing vivisection on people.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                THAT
                                I had already forgotten about that SLJ/Fishburne mix-up business.

Still, it's not like you hated the seminal classic Heaven and Earth. The 63rd best film of whatever year it came out.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X