Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also ICELAND CHICK and "Ah, Gordon Street..."
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Katie told me last night she's never seen either Wayne's World or Bill & Ted. We will be remedying this soon.

Comment

• Wayne's World 2 is amazing. I'd say an apt comparison is Hot Shots! Part Deux. It just ups all the absurdity to levels of near greatness. Even Barry Norman liked WW2 and he pretty much hated the first film.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Films I have watched in't last few days:

The Wolverine

I did not like it. Nagasaki was amazing and the bullet train bit was nice, if not particularly original. I found the rest dull, a tad overstretched and ultimately a bit empty. I just don't think Wolverine as portrayed in this film series is particularly engaging. He scowls a lot, slices some fools and heals a bunch. Uh-huh. Mystique in the first 3 X-films is by far the most entertaining character for me and there's no way she could sustain a standalone film without being a part of a crew - what's so special about Wolverine?

I'm up for Days of Future Past in a big way, so this isn't franchise fatigue. And I really like Mangold as a director. This just didn't impress or entertain me much beyond the opening. Credits sting included.

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa

I have no idea how this would play for anyone not familiar with and fond of the title character, from at least one of his previous TV and radio incarnations. But this was the funniest film I've seen this year and the best British comedy in quite some time. Funny from minute one through the end credits and often hilariously so. I can't remember a film uniting an audience in such consistent laughter since Borat, in fact. It's a crowd film and one for the fans - which is a massive number in the UK - but if this appeals to you, it won't disappoint.

Two hours after leaving the screening - and having shared many of the films best moments with the person I saw it with - we both toyed with the idea of going back to see it again right then. I'm definitely gonna see it at least once more with a cinema audience, if only to pick up on the gags I missed from the sound of laughter.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Part Deux was amazing for all sorts of reasons. Saddam and Lloyd Bridges throwing down was surreal.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              Films I have watched in't last few days:

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
              If only it were over here already.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Love the Charlton Heston gag in WW2. Funny as hell.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• OBLIVION- Kosinski is really good at making movies that look and sound fantastic. And while it seems like it has a better emotional core than Tron 2 it's still kinda hollow. I enjoyed the twists and turns, though.

Comment

• Clear History. Fucking loved it. It felt like a Curb flick for the most part (which I'm hoping was the intention). Keaton pulling a Quint was fucking great and I loved J.B. Smoove and Mcbride. good stuff.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Mug - I'mma marry Matty McHeyHey, he's da bess.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        what's so special about Wolverine?
                        I have been wondering this same thing since the 80's. They should just re-name the X-Men franchise "Wolverine & Friends" - assuming they bother to make any more.
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                          I have been wondering this same thing since the 80's. They should just re-name the X-Men franchise "Wolverine & Friends" - assuming they bother to make any more.
                          THIS. Ever since 80's comic fans latched on to Wolverine, as done by Byrne and Claremont, with the "he's cool 'cause he's gritty and kills guys and is psycho and stuff", the other X-Men (with a few exceptions here and there) are worth exactly dick.

Fucking SO tired of Wolverine this and Wolverine that...

Comment

• The true feelings about Canada come out. ZIONISTS.

Comment

• Nuh-un, Lord Billmungus! First Wolverine and the other X-guys I read was this...

Guardian/Vindicator was cool as fuck.

Comment

• The first you read was a comic calling for the death of Wolverine but you don't hate Canada?!

Comment

Working...
                                X