Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the scene during the nuclear summit was fucking ACES.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It had some fun parts (Pryce KILLED in this), but somehow it make the first one shine. Go figure.

The Rock is ALWAYS COOL. But I would have LOVED a full Tatum/Rock flick.

Willis collected a paycheck, and the cute chick and that other guy no ones gave a fuck about were as bland as it comes.

And they made Storm Shadow a complete pussy.
      Last edited by Martin; 08-17-2013, 10:04 PM.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I wish Cletus Van Damme was in it more though.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I wish Cletus Van Damme was in all of the things more.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I wish Cletus Van Damme was in it more though.
            I was like WTF, why cut him but keep some of the blandest character I've seen yet?

Comment

• SOURCE CODE

I went into this cold and unspoiled, so elements of it definitely caught me by surprise. I dug it overall and really enjoyed how the story built and progressed along the way. It also stuck the landing in terms of giving it a 'happy' resolution that doesn't completely negate everything that came before it.

My wife dug it too. I was about 15 minutes into it when she started watching it and she got hooked. When it ended, I went back and showed her the beginning.

Good flick.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I really enjoyed that one. Jake is pretty great in it IMO.

Comment

• Yeah, I thought he was really solid in it as well. Everyone delivered, actually.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I liked the science they built around the story. Man, I really need to check that flick out again.

Comment

• I also really liked the Vera Farmiga character in it (Goodwin). She had good interaction with Jake and really sold the military connection that was integral to how the ending played out.

Comment

• Really holds up second time around too. I enjoyed it more the second time, in fact.

Also, the voice of Jake G's dad? Scott Bakula. Bear that in mind next time you watch it. Awesome.

Duncan Zowie is 2 for 2.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Requiem for a Dream

I'm not gonna go into the problems of the film cos I'm sure it's been done to death (and I just recorded a podcast about it), but goddamn, Ellen Burstyn is incredible in this film. Made me tear up multiple times and - while Brockovich is overall a better film - she was robbed by Julia Roberts at the 2000 Oscars. Just heartbreaking, brave, raw brilliance.

There's plenty of things to like in the film - not least Matty Libatique's camera and Clint Mansell's amazing score - but it made me realise that, no matter how good Aronofsky's films are, they're not very deep.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            Really holds up second time around too. I enjoyed it more the second time, in fact.

Also, the voice of Jake G's dad? Scott Bakula. Bear that in mind next time you watch it. Awesome.

Duncan Zowie is 2 for 2.
                            Bakula! That's awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              Requiem for a Dream

I'm not gonna go into the problems of the film cos I'm sure it's been done to death (and I just recorded a podcast about it), but goddamn, Ellen Burstyn is incredible in this film. Made me tear up multiple times and - while Brockovich is overall a better film - she was robbed by Julia Roberts at the 2000 Oscars. Just heartbreaking, brave, raw brilliance.

There's plenty of things to like in the film - not least Matty Libatique's camera and Clint Mansell's amazing score - but it made me realise that, no matter how good Aronofsky's films are, they're not very deep.
                              Brokovich is better than Requiem? Did they legalize the pot in Britain?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Brokovich is better than Requiem? Did they legalize the pot in Britain?
                                No shit man. Blue meth more like it. Requiem is a tough movie, but it's well made. It's pedestrian Soderberg.

Also, Brokovich has no creepy Asian guys saying "ASS-TO-ASS" to Jennifer Connelly, with the whole lovely Tupperware evening MC'ed by Ultimo Baddass Keith David (and not David Keith for fuck' sake.).

Requiem for a Dream wins.

Fatality.

Comment

Working...
                                X