Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I move to have an exposition via thesaurus/fight counter in the corner of the next rerelease of it.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Marky Mark was awesome in Ted, but the film dies on its ass an hour in (Norah Jones?). When he's reeling off the white trash names, he's fucking great though. But Matt's right, I don't think it has the rewatchability of something like Jump Street.

Matrix Reloaded is fine, if structurally wonky. Revolutions, aside from some of the early stuff, is pretty terrible.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• That Norah Jones stuff was pretty weak, but I will admit to laughing my ass off at MM's rendition of 'All Time High' from OCTOPUSSY. I scared my wife by actually knowing the words as he sang it.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• PARANORMAN- holy what, this is great. I really like when kids movies put in sneaky jokes and deadpan humor for the adults and this movie is stuffed full. Man, I should have watched this ages ago.

RAPTURE-PALOOZA- Sam Weir and the incredible-looking-but-probably-uncomfortable dress Anna Kendrick wears for half the movie are worthwhile but that's about it. Craig Robinson tries but his entire dialogue tree is "tit comment, dick comment, pussy comment".
          Last edited by gravedigger; 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Sorcerer.

Oh my lord, what a tense experience.

The entire structure is unlike other films out there, setting up each character via prologue, and then sending them straight into hell (Colombia).

This being an update to the amazing Wages of Fear, I expected certain things from it, and was pleasantly surprised and impressed by Friedkin's adherence to the documentary style, especially when it came to the bridge crossing. My heart was working overtime during that sequence.

The practicality of it all is a treat in itself, as character builds many of the sequences, success or failure based on their own determination rather than some by-the-numbers necessity of the overall plot.

Those who have in the past had said that the cold nature of the characters keep them from being completely engaging and/or identifiable for the audience. I did not have that issue, as I am a sociopathic robot incapable of feeling. In addition to this, the language barriers and distrust between the cast lends an extra layer of suspense and danger to the film, where one is not entirely certain who will make it out of the jungle alive.

While I prefer the conclusion to Wages of Fear, the cold indifference of the universe is consistent in Friedkin's telling.

Definitely made to watch on a large screen with someone you might ditch to collect their share.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-17-2014, 03:26 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Have still never seen Sorcerer. Friedkin's run in the 70s was amazing and I love Wages of Fear, but I'm scared that I might not like it. I might go hunting for a blu this weekend anyway.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Just approach it like it's a different take on the concept and you'll be fine (though it does run out of stream).
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• always wanted to watch SORCERER. May pick that one up.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    always wanted to watch SORCERER. May pick that one up.

My copy will be here on Tuesday. Apparently, it's got next to no special features on it. But, the A/V Quality is strong.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Saw The Conjuring 2 nights ago. It was good, but not really as great as I had been led to expect. A little tame, to tell you the truth. Much better was Sinister, which I saw last night. THIS was a pretty scary movie. I had a short walk from my brother's house to my folks' house - in the dark - after it ended, & didn't relish the prospect. This film built the suspense in pretty strong layers, and the ghostly images of the spirits, as well as the film footage, were truly creepy. Ethan Hawke also played the almost washed up, desperate for success author very well indeed. And the blonde British wife was pretty easy on the eyes.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Are SINISTER and THE CONJURING on Netflix streaming yet?

Comment

• I saw them on On Demand. So I doubt it.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            Saw The Conjuring 2 nights ago. It was good, but not really as great as I had been led to expect. A little tame, to tell you the truth. Much better was Sinister, which I saw last night. THIS was a pretty scary movie. I had a short walk from my brother's house to my folks' house - in the dark - after it ended, & didn't relish the prospect. This film built the suspense in pretty strong layers, and the ghostly images of the spirits, as well as the film footage, were truly creepy. Ethan Hawke also played the almost washed up, desperate for success author very well indeed. And the blonde British wife was pretty easy on the eyes.
                            Haven't seen Conjuring 2, but Sinister was really really good. Those found footages were crreeeeeeeeeepy.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Heard Sinister's end reveal is ridiculous, but Hawke, like Pat Wilson, continues to show up in horror fare for some reason. Is there a "good actors in what could be shit horror movies but end up not totally shit horror movies" guild or something?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's not that ridiculous. It's not awesome, but not bad at all.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X