Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happening, Matt? Been too long, mate!

I finally watched Somers Town the other night. It's a beautifully observed, low-key drama about not quite "coming of age" with great performances and just the right balance of nostalgia and grime.

Maybe it's just because I've always been more of a movie guy, but this is the sort of film that makes me get defensive when people talk about how much better TV is at allowing us to "know" characters.

Obviously, being able to spend more time with people helps us get to know them better, but this film is barely over an hour long and I was completely invested in everything and everyone Meadows put on screen. I felt like I knew everything I needed to know and there wasn't a single aspect of the story that felt underdeveloped.

Refreshing stuff. Highly recommended.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Plopped down to watch Once Upon a Time in the West for a spell.

Hands down my favorite western. I could watch the opening on a goddamned loop and grin ear to ear forever.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Chernobyl Diaries. Very predictable. Nothing really stood out about it, except maybe that one glimpse of the REALLY deformed villager.

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Not a bad little action flick, but it wouldn't have garnered nearly the attention it did if it didn;t have the historical tie in going for it; on its own merits it was just OK. It would have passed into obscurity far quicker if it was Silas McGonigle, Vampre Hunter, even with the period piece/Civil War tie in stuff going for it.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Loneliest Planet - Remember hearing it was a thriller, with an incredible event in the middle of the movie. Fucking plodding, boring artsy shit with no fucking plot. The event was a non-starter. Skip

John Dies At The End - watch it y'all. It's on Netflix finally. I liked it better than the book. Less bloated, great casting, fun fx.

Comment

• Aftershock. Pretty gnarly.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• in theaters?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK is great. I totally get why Lawrence won some awards. And, hey, Bradley Cooper finally not annoying!

Comment

• Uh, The A-Team?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Still haven't see it!

Comment

• TRIED watching Route 666. What a dull, boring piece of shirt. Terrible acting from Lou Diamond Phillips & cast, and very disappointing effects & kills. Cool premise, that of a ghostly prison work gang haunting the stretch of highway where they were killed, using the tools they were working w/ when they dies to kill others. One of which is a jackhammer. You'd think a motherfucker jackhammering dudes would pretty much write itself, but the kills w/ it were extremely lackluster. The description promised "gory". Horseshit. A decent episode of Criminal Minds is more gory than this.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        Still haven't see it!
                        What the fuck man

Comment

• I have no good reason/excuse.

Comment

Still haven't see it!

oh man, check it out. Liam Neesons is pretty awesome.

Comment

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK is great. I totally get why Lawrence won some awards. And, hey, Bradley Cooper finally not annoying!
                              Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Uh, The A-Team?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              Still haven't see it!
                              Y U NO SEE??? Y U HATE ON B-COOPS?!???
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK is great. I totally get why Lawrence won some awards. And, hey, Bradley Cooper finally not annoying!
                                I saw it last weekend as well and I totally agree. I enjoyed it almost without reservation (Racist Baseball Fan was a bit too pat) and really the only thing going against it would be the awards buzz. This is essentially an old-school romantic comedy with some above average acting and there's nothing wrong at all with that.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X