Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Begins: Still dig the hell outta the first half of this flick. I'm a sucker for origin stories and I love the creepy uncle/son dynamic between Liam and Christian. Still wish we would have gotten more of the Scarecrow and his awesomely fucked up hallucinations but besides that I have no problem with the ending like most nerds do.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Yes, and fuck yes. Not available for us Hicks/Yanks, so I have no idea posting the YouTube link here.

http://youtu.be/_MCbTvoNrAg
      Thanks for bringing this to my attention guys. Its kind of bizarre to me that, having studied film and TV at university level and having watched the wide range and number of films I have over the years, that there are still so many films that I've never even heard of that have such a massive impact in one way or another.

Threads is a film I had never heard of until a few days ago and I have to say its one of the best pieces of British filmmaking in its decade. Its like a companion piece to the also excellent When The Wind Blows, but extrapolated so much further. Whereas that was based on a couple following the government-issue advice for the public should a nuclear attack occur, this seems to lay out everything that would happen to everyone given a massive nuclear war. The list of contributors on this film (including one Carl Sagan!) is staggering. It blends documentary and science fiction superbly and tells personal stories while laying out the national and international situation.

Its a film that feels important: of its time in every sense, but extraordinarily relevant and no less shocking nearly 30 years on.

Jamie said this has stayed with him for days. I'm inclined to believe that's just the start.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
        Batman Begins: Still dig the hell outta the first half of this flick. I'm a sucker for origin stories and I love the creepy uncle/son dynamic between Liam and Christian. Still wish we would have gotten more of the Scarecrow and his awesomely fucked up hallucinations but besides that I have no problem with the ending like most nerds do.
        I still love it from start to finish. Fuck the nerds.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post

Its a film that feels important: of its time in every sense, but extraordinarily relevant and no less shocking nearly 30 years on.

Jamie said this has stayed with him for days. I'm inclined to believe that's just the start.
        SAGAN?

Anyway, I saw this years and years again, and I still never wanna watch it ever again. And this movie should be shown to every world leader and high military in the world, just so they know. People were talking about The Day after, but it's bland and non-scary compared to the realism of Threads.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
          Batman Begins: Still dig the hell outta the first half of this flick. I'm a sucker for origin stories and I love the creepy uncle/son dynamic between Liam and Christian. Still wish we would have gotten more of the Scarecrow and his awesomely fucked up hallucinations but besides that I have no problem with the ending like most nerds do.
          Black ooze batmonster is worth the third act derpery.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The One

Second rate Jet Li movie, but it's always fun to see my main and secondary kung fu styles in action, if overly stylized.

I would have really wanted to see it as first proposed, with The Rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              The One

I would have really wanted to see it as first proposed, with The Rock.
              This would have gotten my ass in the seat post haste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                And this movie should be shown to every world leader and high military in the world, just so they know. People were talking about The Day after, but it's bland and non-scary compared to the realism of Threads.
                This movie should be shown in schools. THAT would affect some change.

And I ordered The Day After today, but more as research than purely to see a good film. Guess I'll be chiming in on that one in a few days. But it sounds at least worth a watch, no?
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Finished LOTR:ROTK EE last night. Loved it. I didn't notice as much new stuff in the EE for this one as I did without the others. I'm actually a bit more interested in the HOBBIT films now.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• How are the blus, Mathieu? I'm thinking of grabbing them this weekend.

Comment

• GORGEOUS. Well worth the money, in my opinion. Picture and sound are stunning. I've heard some people complain about a green tint on FOTR, but I never noticed anything. 10/10 for me on all three films.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Find myself watching, re-watching and re-watching again moments from Threads even though it truly terrified me.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That's naaaaaaasty.

Comment

• Haywire.

It's like Soderbergh's Commando.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              Haywire.

It's like Soderbergh's Commando.
                              FUCK. YES.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                FUCK. YES.

There's a tinge of The Limey to it, but it's got a lot of Commando.

Seeing Haywire and The Grey back to back made my day.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X