Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron:Legacy. Still dig the shit outta this flick fucked up story or not.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'll always vouch for Legacy for 3 things:

The visuals

The GREAT first 45 minutes

And
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Just to back up, I'll slightly retract my previous statement. Anything to do with Puffy in GHTTG was ace.

And yeah, I saw Attack the Block last week and its the goods. Really, really fun and inventive, a genuine throwback to the 80s, when nothing had to be politically correct. It should be really hard to like our protagonists, but man... John Boyega is a little pimp. Joe Cornish arrived with this - any Brits will know this has been a long time coming for him. He saw his chance and he fucking took it with both hands. Great film.

Better than Gremlins? Er. Nope.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I actually rewatched Gremlins last month. Nope. Still not a fan.

Comment

• Wow. I don't think I can even rationally judge that film anymore. Die Hard may be my favourite film, but Gremlins is still THE christmas film for me.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I actually rewatched Gremlins last month. Nope. Still not a fan.
              Does not compute.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Gremlins is fucking great. Gremlins 2 is AMAZING. Marteen is just as wrong about this as he is about Nirvana.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                  Gremlins is fucking great. Gremlins 2 is AMAZING. Marteen is just as wrong about this as he is about fighting in hockey.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I liked Gremlins 2, actually.

The original: not so much. But I'm aware I'm the Matt of the situation.

Comment

• I love Gremlins 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I liked Gremlins 2, actually.

The original: not so much. But I'm aware I'm the Matt of the situation.
                        My man!
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Enjoyed Gremlins quite a bit. Also dug on Gremlins 2, but I'm biased because I first saw sneak previews of it at a horror convention hosted by Christopher Lee himself.

"Malaria. I've already GOT malaria."

Comment

• How can you hate Gremlins + Christopher Lee + John Glover?

And Tim, I'm jealous.

Comment

• It was the first horror con I'd ever gone to (I think it was a Fangoria Weekend of Horrors in NYC). We'd just gotten our Screamin' Leatherface kits autographed by Gunnar Hansen, when we got our seats for the Gremlins 2 sneak preview.

Then they bring out Christopher Lee. Applause was deafening, and he was a perfect gentleman, cracking jokes, and stoked that he got to play a mad scientist for a change instead of Peter Cushing.

Comment

• Scorpion King 3 looks incredible. Please someone tell me they are going to see it next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X