Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    Return of the Living Dead 2 - A Sir Tim Review
    I kinda loved the shittyness of it when I saw it on Monstervision.

But those early days of fascination are over. In retrospect, I think the whole thing's a fucking headache.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's been a LONG, LONG time since I watched any horror flicks from the 80's, especially since I got my HDTV a year or two back, and I was astonished at how bad that flick was when I watched it this morning. I'm kind of wondering if I should revisit any other horror flicks from that era, or risk "I am disappoint" with films that seemed so much cooler to me way back when.

Comment

• Watch Re-Animator and cleanse yourself of such impure thoughts.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• FROM BEYOND holds up beautifully. Watched that about a year ago...great fun, better than I remembered.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That hi-def Crampton.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ, Matt, agreed whole-heartedly on Re-Animator and From Beyond. I've also been considering revisiting the first few Friday the 13th flicks, maybe the first Return of the Living Dead, too.

Comment

• The first Return is probably my favorite zombie movie. Just so much fun.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dead Alive holds up surprisingly well in HD. I was a little bit afraid during the Skull Island section then it cleans up great.

Comment

• I did not care for that film.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Haven't see Dead Alive in a dog's age. Nice to know it still holds up.

The last horror flicks I spent any real time with was the Blind Dead boxset I got early 2011. Those were great - yeah, they had their issues story and plot wise, and could move slow as molasses, but there was some damn good imagery and a terrific take on the whole living dead genre.

Something else I noticed in ROTLD2 - those zombies had speed settings when it was convenient. They shambled for the most part, but when the time came for some "comedy" - hey look! Where'd THAT zombie come from? Classic example of not playing by the rules the film sets.

Comment

• I tried watching Tomb of the Blind Dead a while ago and just couldn't sit through it.

And it wasn't so much the pacing for me as it was the constant barrage of blood curdling screams which did me in.

It's a shame, because the idea is pretty interesting.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I think I dug it more for the fact that I never watched it, or the rest of the films, all the way through before. Also watched 'em with subtitles as I can NOT handle dubbed voices anymore.

Comment

• Sometimes the dubs can add to the charm, especially if we're talking about the giallo or even Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Why not? Hollywood does it every day.

Exactly. They don't need help.

Plus, Bay is just wrong for it.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I would just like a Superman flick where Superman actually has to battle something. Also maybe less baby mamma drama.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X