Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't hate Woody and I do identify with certain aspects in Annie Hall and enjoy his satirization of the jew.

I also like it when he goes off the beaten path and does something like Match Point. Barring dreck like Scoop, his recent output is actually pretty good (Midnight in Paris, Vicki Christina Barcelona).

I don't understand the animosity toward him or his work beyond his fucked up personal life entering into the discussion. Fuck you all very much. Like I give a fuck about financial success when it comes to this guy, the Coens, or Malick, or Scorcese. You go to their films for their point of view, not for a fucking box office receipt. Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-02-2011, 09:23 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And there it is.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
        Fucking hate Woody Allen. SOOOOO GODDAMN MUCH.
        YES

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        brofist
        TRIPLE BROFIST

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
        I don't hate Woody and I do identify with certain aspects in Annie Hall and enjoy his satirization of the jew.

I also like it when he goes off the beaten path and does something like Match Point. Barring dreck like Scoop, his recent output is actually pretty good (Midnight in Paris, Vicki Christina Barcelona).

I don't understand the animosity toward him or his work beyond his fucked up personal life entering into the discussion. Fuck you all very much. Like I give a fuck about financial success when it comes to this guy, the Coens, or Malick, or Scorcese. You go to their films for their point of view, not for a fucking box office receipt. Jesus Christ.
        Here's my main problem with Woody Allen: he's mentionned in the same sentence as the Coens, Mallilck and Scorcese, and it's WRONG.

Allen is a competent director, but he's so overhyped it's ridiculous. His movies aren't bad more than they're bland.

And I love people bitching about Polanski but completely ignoring this creep fucking his adoptive daughter.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Whether you like it or not, he's an enduring part of the industry, and much like the directors mentioned, has an easily identifiable voice associated with his films. And yes, I would mention his work in the same breath as those other craftsmen, because they share that same kind of recognizeable vision within their films. Even if you don't enjoy his work or even downright loathe it, there are many out there that do derive enjoyment from his movies.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Showed Brittany Coming to America for the first time. Glad she dug it, because there would have been issues if not. One of my favorite comedies ever.

Comment

• First time? That movie is CLASSIC.

And beter translated in French (from France). In fact, all of Eddie Murphy's 80's output is superior in French. The actor who did the voice work took huge liberties, yet retained that Murphy's timing and spirit. Today, I'll still watch it that way most of the time.

Other superior classic in French: Spaceballs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                Whether you like it or not, he's an enduring part of the industry, and much like the directors mentioned, has an easily identifiable voice associated with his films. And yes, I would mention his work in the same breath as those other craftsmen, because they share that same kind of recognizeable vision within their films. Even if you don't enjoy his work or even downright loathe it, there are many out there that do derive enjoyment from his movies.
                I kinda tolerate some of his 70's-80's work, but he's retreading the same themes over and over and over again since, while still being technically weak.

Comment

• He's never been a technical director (though he has tried experimentation and tip my hat for at least trying), and I can see what you mean about thematic recycling, but it happens to many directors because they stick to what they're most comfortable exploring (and reexploring).

I just don't think people give him a fair shake. Hate the guy, but his filmography is the last one I would imagine to spark such hatred.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just watched Paul. Still really like it, even if a lot of the jokes rely on your catching the references. Still, it's awesome that they got to make one big love letter to all the nerdy sci fi shit they love.

About to watch Heat. Like Coming To America, this will be the first time Brittany has seen it. Hope she loves it.

Comment

• Never been a big Woody Allen fan. I DID enjoy 'Annie Hall', though.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "Red State"

As much as I've turned against Smith, mostly due to his "woe-is-me and I ONLY PODCAST NOW" schtick, this was pretty fucking good in my opinion. Tense as shit and Parks and Goodman kicked some serious ass.

Spoiler: SPOILERS BITCHES 
                        Maybe because it was a Smith flick I ended up going into it with no expectations, but this was one hell of a tense movie. The stuff with the church was well done, the ATF orders were believable and I can't believe the people he killed off (if that makes sense). When Pollack ate it I realized that anything goes and the stuff with GIANT McREDNECK was great.

I really wish he'd do more of this and less of his "I'M SILENT BOB" stuff. Highly recommend it. It's currently ON DEMAND for 10 bucks and I'd say it's worth it. Parks fucking owns.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• But having his goddamn wife in the movie was distracting. Even if she didn't say a godddamn word.

Comment

• Woody Allen's still a failed stand-up that can't shoot for shit and can only write for shit when he's got some piece of ass fellating his ego.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• He's hardly the first director to have a muse.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                                He's hardly the first director to have a muse.

There's having a muse and then there's trying to switch out Pad Thai with whatever flavor we're calling Scarjo's pussy now.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X