Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was kind of shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

I was expecting terribly juvenile claptrap as is the operating speed of other companies.

But they're learning. My cthulu they are learning fast.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      I was kind of shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

I was expecting terribly juvenile claptrap as is the operating speed of other companies.

But they're learning. My cthulu they are learning fast.
      Agreed. I really expected it to suck, and I had zero intention of seeing it. The positive reviews won me over and I gave it a shot. Seriously, it was one of my best theatrical experiences last year. It's a great bluray, too.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I watched it because the kids begged because I too thought it looked generic at best and shitty at worst. Totally surprised how much I dug it.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Dragon is awesome.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
            That movie angered me so much. I thought I just didn't get it after it was over. Then I realized it just wasn't good.
            I love that the villain is a retarded Pumpkinhead midget. Sooooooo shitty.

Comment

• Pirates 4

Surprisingly not bad. The Sparrow routine is old hat at times, Rush's Barbossa has lost all its sparkle until the final 5 minutes and McShane didn't quite put his all into his pirate dialogue for my liking (when you're following Nighy, up your game a tad, nay?). BUT, I was so happy to see the back of the pirate comedy sidekicks and the monkey, McNally got something to do for once, Cruz is smoking hot throughout (I guess pregnancy was good to her) and the action gets progressively better as the runtime goes on.

Its also very much leaning toward the Raiders of the Lost Ark model, rather than the muddled mythology of the previous sequels and this pays dividends. There's just enough supernatural hocus pocus to keep it rooted in fantasy and dipping its toe into visually darker waters, without being bloated by the kitchen sink approach to iconography that its predecessors displayed. The majority of the swordfights are pretty rote and the setpieces succeed most when they are cleanly set up, choreographed and played out - as in the mermaid attack, an excellent blend of practical and CG effects, as well as the film's most coherent, propulsive action sequence - rather than just two bunches of people going at each other playfully with swords.

Its by no means a revelation and while it decimates At World's End and is way shy of the original, I think I still prefer Dead Man's Chest to this, if only by virtue of its villain, incredible effects work, Kraken and giddy setpieces. But On Stranger Tides is a solid rental and not the complete insult to the intellect that it could have been. Extra points for Blackbeard's send-off, a nifty sequence where similarly designed counterparts are often damp farts.

Spoiler: SPOILER FOR PIRATES AND GREEN LANTERN WITHIN 
              McShane getting ripped to the bone by the whirlpool effect was a nice CG sequence that didn't dramatically rob the film in the same way that Green Lantern's finale did. Man, I fucking hated the climax for that film
              Last edited by Ben Thomas; 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Wait, it's better than the last 2 movies?

Comment

• My brother, who hated parts two and three, thought OST was great...almost as good as the first one. Your review seals they deal that I need to rent it.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Wait, it's better than the last 2 movies?
                    Its better than At World's End. As a standalone, I still think Dead Man's Chest is better.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      Its better than At World's End. As a standalone, I still think Dead Man's Chest is better.

Bold words.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, Swedish version. The wife unit wanted to see it again in preparation for the impending Fincher version. Sorry, but I really like it. Its 'point and shoot' staging is counterbalanced with some excellent acting, especially from Noomi Rapace. Rooney is not going to be able to top her work, I'm sorry.

Comment

• M*A*S*H. Love this flick, never get tired of watching it, and while I love the TV series it was spawned from, I'd have killed to see Sutherland, Gould, and Duvall once a week on CBS back in the day.

Also, Sally Kellerman as Hot Lips. Yowza!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, Swedish version. The wife unit wanted to see it again in preparation for the impending Fincher version. Sorry, but I really like it. Its 'point and shoot' staging is counterbalanced with some excellent acting, especially from Noomi Rapace. Rooney is not going to be able to top her work, I'm sorry.
                            Totally agree with ya there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, Swedish version. The wife unit wanted to see it again in preparation for the impending Fincher version. Sorry, but I really like it. Its 'point and shoot' staging is counterbalanced with some excellent acting, especially from Noomi Rapace. Rooney is not going to be able to top her work, I'm sorry.
                              I love it, but I'm keeping a completely open mind to Rooney.

Comment

• I really like the Swedish version, but I think Fincher's film is gonna be incredible. I'm not sure Rooney Mara is even competing to be honest - she seems to have a different take on Salander and I'm all for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X