Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    I want a spinoff of John Goodman's character from flight.
    He was great in that.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Just chewing scenery like a mother fucker.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I had no desire to see Flight until now. Love Goodman at the top of his game, and I had no idea he was in this.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It's not a terrible film BUT Goodman is the best of it for sure.*

*marketing for it was shit imho.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That stewardess in the opening scene is VERY nice, too.

Yes.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              THE BUTLER: Heavy handed tripe. If you're going to cover the civil rights era, then cover it. Don't slip it in there as a sideplot to another story. Also, don't canonize Democrats and domonize Republicans (especially Nixon) just because 'Hollywood'. Everyone did something good and bad along the way. Fucking ridiculous.
              The bit with Nixon at the beginning is downright offensive. "You fellas hand some of my pins to your pals. Now I've got the black vote all wrapped up."

And its treatment of Reagan is Have Your Cake, Eat It Too bullshit. "Oh he wouldn't help people in Africa. LOOK AT THAT OLD RACIST. But no really, he was a cool guy and not a racist." Fuck you, Daniels. So hard.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Checked out Oculus based on a buddy's recommendation. For being a "WWE" flick it wasn't too shabby. Decent ghost story with Slater from Dazed and Confused, Starbuck, and Nebula from Guardians. Cool idea, decent execution, shoddy ending, but I was entertained the whole way through. Recommend rental.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• WWE is the distributor for Road to Paloma. Don't let that turn you off as it's a decent flick.

Comment

• Also holy fuckballs Guardians is sooooooooo good.

Comment

• Hot Tub Time Machine. Grabbed this for 5 bucks on blu this weekend. Still love the shit out of this movie. Clark Duke and Rob Corddry are the best.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Corrdry is on another level in that movie. Looks like he might be killing it in the sequel as well.

Comment

• He's just so fucking great.

Comment

• OK, so I've watched a few more movies during my time in the hospital:

KICK ASS 2: Terrible. It lacks the tonal control of the original. It also makes the mistake of making Red Mist/The Motherfucker into an idiot. He was a real character in the first film with actual motivations and some sympathy. Here, he's a moron with zero credibility. It's stupid. Everyone's arc is stupid and unengaging. Carrey and Mother Russia both stand out somewhat, but it's really all a bunch of noise.

MUD: Fantastic. One of the best films that I've seen in recent years. Great acting from everyone involved, but the lead kid is fantastic. Anyone looking for a child actor needs to hire this kid NOW. Really a wonderful film.

SUNSHINE: Pretty good. Not great, but fairly engaging for most of the runtime. I called the ending as soon as they approached the Icarus 1, so it wasn't too original in terms of concept, but it still played out in an entertaining way. Holy shit has that soundtrack been used a lot in trailers!

Comment

• Still haven't seen kickass 2, and not sure I want to.

Sunshine was great. Falls a bit apart into weird horror shit in the 3rd act, but it's still solid.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Again, I called it pretty early on. Having Mark Strong on the Icarus 1 in video feeds told me all that I needed to know about how it was going to go into EVENT HORIZON territory.

MUD is the one to see, though. Holy cow was that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X