Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the state of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks' romantic comedy dynasty: it has been 10 years since the You've Got Mail incident. Countless lives were lost, but we continue to endure and learn from the tragic event.

Who shall enter the blood-soaked box-office to claim the crown from the now corpulent, oddly-wigged man and his annoyingly chipper counterpart? Will a new reign of cinematic terror come to fruition, replacing Jabba Hanks and his little rat-puppet Ryan?

Only time will tell. And you must now decide the fate of the industry of cookie-cutter romantic comedy. Who will the New Terrible Two be?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      On the state of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks' romantic comedy dynasty: it has been 10 years since the You've Got Mail incident. Countless lives were lost, but we continue to endure and learn from the tragic event.

Who shall enter the blood-soaked box-office to claim the crown from the now corpulent, oddly-wigged man and his annoyingly chipper counterpart? Will a new reign of cinematic terror come to fruition, replacing Jabba Hanks and his little rat-puppet Ryan?

Only time will tell. And you must now decide the fate of the industry of cookie-cutter romantic comedy. Who will the New Terrible Two be?

I know this is a question for the guys and all... but I have the perfect answer. Matthew McConaughey (I probably didn't spell that right so we can just call him "Shirtless") and Kate Hudson. So far they have already done two romantic comedies together.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Yeah, but you like them both. So they are not "terrible".
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, not to me, someone who enjoys chick flicks.
          If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• I like me some corny chick flicks
            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

• Kate Hudson has two things Meg of the Ryan never had: a fantastic ass and the "Kurt Russell is her dad" thing.

Snake is her pops, ipso facto, she's too cool for escuela.

I'm talking annoying people. Gratingly so.

McConaPatrickFlannery on the other hand hasn't made a decent film since the dragon flick with Baleman. We're all thinking it: he will forever be Wooderson. I am pretty sure he'll be bringing his Wooderson game to Tropic Thunder later this summer.

Jabba the Hanks would approve.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just wanted to say that there was not a question segment on the newest podcast. Lesley was passed out in the bedroom and I didn't feel like asking them and answering them. SO next week will have a mega section devoted to all the ones that haven't been answered.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Strange things noticed by Russ, Volume. 1: Topics of discussion!

So I'm watching The Untouchables, seeing Kev Costner's wife played by Patricia Clarkson. A redhead.

I begin to think about the man's filmography, and the vast amount of redheads within.

Amy Madigan in Field of Dreams.

Sissy Spacek in JFK.

Rene Russo in Tin Cup.

Susan Surandon in Bull Durham.

Fake redheads Annette Benning and Kelly Preston in Open Range and For Love of the Game, respectively.

Not to mention, Mare Winningham in The War. Or Shirley McClaine in Rumor Has It (oh yeah, picture that romantic night of old-skinned passion...I'll be over there drinking it away).

So you may be asking, "Where in the holy Paul Bunyon is he going with this"?

Glad you asked. As a topic of discussion: actors are notoriously odd creatures that develop some of the strangest habits outside of the Japanese business culture; what are some of the most odd/funny sorts of things you have heard about actors/actresses when it comes to these tics/habits?

Example: Nicolas Cage's obsession with Superman and Elvis.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Coming out of Caust #35, I already have a question a-stewing.

You went straight into the skeleton-filled closet and pulled out more Juggalo, WWF, nu-metal shit than you could shake a chainsaw at.

My question is: when/what/who/how did you break the cycle of poor choice/taste?

I know these things aren't high art or anything, and I was as guilty of perpetuating the redneck/nerd stereotype as the two of yoose guys, but it all ends sometime.

Was it just a moment of clarity, a reduction in hormone levels as you escaped the Puberty ghetto before the immature Nazis took you to the "work camp", or was it something else?

HA! Something less random than usual from me. Bout damn time...
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What would you go ass to ass for?

Who would win in a fight between Richard Cheese and Tony Bennett and why?
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Actual best John Hughes movie?

(Home Alone was written by the dude, but it was a Chris Columbus flick and ya forgot Trains, Planes, and Automobiles last time.)

(Yes, I am that much of a tight-assed scrutinizer.)

Also, best John Carpenter movie starring Kurt Russell?

Best John Carpenter movie not starring Kurt Russell?

Stemming from outrage over having a Keanu Jr. (without the awesome fucking name) taking the reins of Gambit in the Wolverine movie: who in your mind should have been cast as Gambit? (John Carpenter? Lucy Lawless? Chris Tucker?) Who?
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                          Actual best John Hughes movie?

(Home Alone was written by the dude, but it was a Chris Columbus flick and ya forgot Trains, Planes, and Automobiles last time.)

(Yes, I am that much of a tight-assed scrutinizer.)

Also, best John Carpenter movie starring Kurt Russell?

Best John Carpenter movie not starring Kurt Russell?

Stemming from outrage over having a Keanu Jr. (without the awesome fucking name) taking the reins of Gambit in the Wolverine movie: who in your mind should have been cast as Gambit? (John Carpenter? Lucy Lawless? Chris Tucker?) Who?

Isn't it "Planes, Trains and Automobiles?" Also, I wasn't a fan of that flick, and Home Alone is still a John Hughes flick dammit. And I said Weird Science was tied with it as did Cj. So we're going with Weird Science.

Comment

• Weird Science rules. I would have to put Sixteen Candles second.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Sonuvabitch...yes it was.

John Candy in a devil suit is a thing of beauty, sir.

I stand by my excuse that I was up late drawing and am still on my third cup of coffee. Shit.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• you want questions? here you go sirs:

The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                                X