No announcement yet.

Star Wars KOTOR MMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, It's on comcasts end I think, anytime I DL anything over a certain size other than a torrent the DL locks up and I have to pause and restart it. Finally got this bitch installed and working and I do dig what I've played of it but holy fuck is the start slow.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's crazy slow. I think it took me about 4 hours to hit level 10.

Comment

• Yeah I'm at 5 and that took me over two hours. But man some of the early Jedi powers are pretty fun. I'll play it till they boot me and see if I dig it as much as initial reaction.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I have been thinking on it more today, and I just don't think I will spend the money on launch.

You get some cool powers off the start, but no incredible moves or game changing mechanics. All the questing mechanics are stuck in TBC era WoW. It doesn't even have phasing style technology. They kept pimping "story story story" but it's still a stagnant world. I said that WoW beat them to the punch with in game cut scenes and phasing, but I didn't think that would mean TOR wouldn't even have those things.

I hate going to a quest giver and hearing you're the first Jedi blah blah while 25 guys are standing around him with busy markers over their head. Being completely cut off of certain areas depending on class and where you are in a quest is lazy. It's like they didn't even TRY to do some kind of phasing or in engine cutscene tech.

I went back and found the "EA Louse" shit when he talked about how EA and Bioware were concerned about TOR and he said it was going to be a 20gb download and damn near all of it was voice overs. He's right. And sorry, you should have the choice to skip the voice over. Let me hit a button and skip through it and get the fuck on with it.

Just a little disappointing really. It's KOTOR3 with WoW:TBC quests and battle system for better or worse, but they are going to have to drop an expansion within a year and get it up to date with Cata (let alone MoP), and LOTRO.

Comment

• Yeah, I haven't played it enough to totally make a decision but I'm leaning that way too.

Comment

• Try and get passed level 10. You pick your speciality and start seeing more. The game definitely started to open up at level 10, but I was already feeling bored from trying the other classes.

Comment

• Wait, WoW has full voice acting and cutscenes now for quests? Damn, I haven't played that game in ages...
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It doesn't have full voice acting for every single little quest, but the major quests do have really crazy full blown machinia and voice acting to go along with the phasing tech that changes the world you're in. If you're told to go and capture an enemy outpost in a quest, then you do it, when you go back it's changed, now it's your area.

Comment

• Yeah, and with not having to look at my mini map for the last few months I've become spoiled. And SWTOR is not pleasing me by making me look at the mini map again.

Comment

• MORE SOLOING FOR ME THEN. YAY!
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• *wow complaints*

Oh boy...
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I realize it's nitpicking but fuck man, that slow grind at the start coupled with constant fucking map checks? UGH.

Comment

• But I'm guessing you did the same thing with WoW when it started. Just because you know the ins and outs of one game doesn't mean it's gonna happen over night. But it's cool, different strokes and all that.

Comment

• And I don't really get the slow grind stuff. THen again I never hit max level in any other MMO nor did the alts and stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                                But I'm guessing you did the same thing with WoW when it started. Just because you know the ins and outs of one game doesn't mean it's gonna happen over night. But it's cool, different strokes and all that.
                                Yeah I did do that when WoW started......7 YEARS AGO RERB!!! Now any noob starting can click on the quest and bammmm a fucking arrow points you in the general direction of the quest. THUS I don't have to keep checking the mini map if I get turned around killing mobs and what not. Again I know it's nitpicking, and generally I've had fun with the bit of the game I've played.

Comment

Working...
                                X