Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta get back to Control, but I hit an optional boss that is INFURIATING and it seems to have pissed off anyone that fights him.

Comment

• I have no idea what is going on in Control. Alan Wake was easy to follow, but I'm lost as balls in this so far lol.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Are you reading all the documents? Lots of awesome story in there. Also, lots of Alan Wake hidden in this game.

Watching CoD beta footage. Fuck I want this.

Comment

• I am and I dig how they tie in Bright Falls and Alan Wakr, but I will ALWAYS hate the shitty vg trope of putting the story in collectibles inside games. Adding a bit of extra stuff in collectibles is good, but not a majority of the story. Just a pet peeve of mine. It's still pretty fun though.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The majority of the story definitely isn't in the collectibles, it's just a lot of REALLY good world building and writing. it makes everything they tell in the main story way better.

Working on 2K story mode. Digital Idris, Rosaria, Ernie fucking Hudson, the annoying fake Eisenberg from Silicon Valley have all shown up so far. Decent story mode this year, but of course nothing stands up to the insane Spike Lee ghost story year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              The majority of the story definitely isn't in the collectibles, it's just a lot of REALLY good world building and writing. it makes everything they tell in the main story way better.

Working on 2K story mode. Digital Idris, Rosaria, Ernie fucking Hudson, the annoying fake Eisenberg from Silicon Valley have all shown up so far. Decent story mode this year, but of course nothing stands up to the insane Spike Lee ghost story year.
              Aren't Desus & Mero in that one too?
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Gears 5 is pretty sweet so far. Really digging the multi this go around.

Comment

• Call of Duty MW beta is open for PS4 owners. Will I be RAMPAGING this time around? Yeah, I think I'm back. /JohnWick
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Aren't Desus & Mero in that one too?

Yeah. I'm not that deep into it, but early on your player appears on a radio show (???) they have. Not sure how much they show up after.

Beat Control yesterday after deciding to give up on the stupid fucking fridge boss, and moving on. Control is so fucking good. My favorite game of the year so far. The ashtray maze is really great, and I wish there was a way to replay it post-credits. Oh, and there's an AWESOME fake out ending to the game. I still have some side missions left (I like how they don't place missions on your map, you need to explore and find people and talk to them to get missions) so I am probably going to keep playing some. There's also apparently a TON of secret areas I missed out on, and a lot of AWE's to find.
                    Last edited by BillyG; 09-16-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Anyone going to be playing Destiny on PC thanks to the cross save stuff now?

Comment

• Meh, every time I get back into Destiny they come up with another expansion and change everything all over again and I'm tired of relearning/refarming/regrinding all of the things.

Comment

• I mean, it's a live service loot game. That's always what those games do. NUMBERS GOTTA GO UP AND I NEED THAT DOPAMINE FIX!

Comment

• Games as a live service is fucking wretched.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeeeeeeeep

Comment

• I like when games I enjoy keep being enjoyable and giving me new content.

Comment

Working...
                                X