Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I played Days Gone way too much this weekend. Kind of love this so far. I'm sure I'll hit some wall that will make me hate it as that seems to be par for the course for these types of games.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• They added Wolfenstein 2 and Wargroove to gamepass this month. Already rocked the shit outta of Wargroove on the Switch, but highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it.

Gonna try W2 once I'm done with Days Gone. Game Pass continues to kill it.

Days Gone is still a bunch of fun. Randomly ran into a horde under a bridge last night when I driving under it. Scared the shit outta me.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, excited to grab Wargroove. I almost bought it on Switch this weekend, and honestly I may end up buying it there just because it seems like the place to play it. At least I can check if I actually like it first.

Grab Ys VIII on Switch. Pretty fun action JRPG. Looks and runs great in handheld.

Comment

• You lost me with JRPG. Is it full Weaboo shit or cool anime shit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            You lost me with JRPG. Is it full Weaboo shit or cool anime shit?

Yeah I don't care for most JRPGs, but reviews have had me interested for a long time. Not sure which side it falls on yet. A hot fighting lady got walked up on while naked in a river in the opening hour.

Story is kind of different and interesting. You shipwreck on a cursed island. You then start finding survivors, building up a base, and working your way up to being able to escape. Way more interesting than SAVE THE WORLD.

Comment

• random battles or no?

Comment

• oh shit, just looked at a trailer. Sorta looks like Xenoblade WHICH I LOVED on the Wii U (passed on the switch version as apparently they made it terrible and grindy like a mofucker)

Comment

• Nope. I fucking hate random battles. There will be some battles that kick off from cut scenes, but pretty much you're fighting what's on the screen. No big loads and shit. Abilities are like Diablo. You have skill points and assign special attacks with a cost. Different damage types against different enemy weaknesses, and you can swap between party members on the fly. All very fast paced. Lots of dodges, jumping attacks, combos. Fun as hell. Makes way more sense than Xeno Chronicles did.

Comment

• and then I found this guy comparing it exactly to what he wanted Xeno 2 to be
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpddqkLDpTU

shit, may need to grab this. Good looking out man.

Comment

Days Gone is still a bunch of fun. Randomly ran into a horde under a bridge last night when I driving under it. Scared the shit outta me.
                      Still trying to get to the point where I can plan to stomp their lights out, yet I am planted firmly in the “fuckfuckfuckfuck” mode of escape being the only option.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• oh shit, didn't know someone else was playing this. Again, doesn't reinvent the wheel but it's surprisingly engaging and fun. Yeah, when I run into them, I turn tail and GTFO.

Comment

• Is Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen any good? Apparently I own it on PS3(probably from PS+). Seeing some video of the Switch version that came out has me thinking I should maybe give the game a try.

Been playing Arkham City. A lot more backlog in my future probably, I don't see any games I really need to play day one for a while.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I remember playing that game a bit but never really giving it a chance. It has quite the following though. I guess if you can get past the bugs it's a pretty in depth RPG.

Comment

oh shit, didn't know someone else was playing this. Again, doesn't reinvent the wheel but it's surprisingly engaging and fun. Yeah, when I run into them, I turn tail and GTFO.
                              There’s a noticeable decline in quality on my old ass Benis Fore, but agreed on the engaging aspect. Something about the lonely man survivor shit that just clicks with my sensibilities.

The characters are the sort you’d usually find in sandbox games, but here they give them a bit more liveliness than usual and it is much appreciated.

Actual shades of complexity to what are usually stock characters. And the mocap at times brings out a lot of subtle acting by Starkiller.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                                Is Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen any good? Apparently I own it on PS3(probably from PS+). Seeing some video of the Switch version that came out has me thinking I should maybe give the game a try.

Been playing Arkham City. A lot more backlog in my future probably, I don't see any games I really need to play day one for a while.
                                Arisen is a very weird game with some engaging mechanics (which some look to have been imported into Monster Hunter World). I feels extremely unfinished and more like a proof of concept for an actual game.

That said, the Isle drips with atmosphere and is a genuine horror show for the unprepared/unwilling to cheese amongst us.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X