Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup I played it. Waaaay harder than the earth stuff.

Comment

• Nope. I must have missed it. boooooo
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, it was only up for a few hours. Way harder but not in a frustrating way. I'm glad the "no respawn" areas have decent checkpoints. Although it did feel a bit like level grinding to spend the time to get the grenades and special abilities recharged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Nope. I must have missed it. boooooo
          Same.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Dick Spats Free.
            (Dead Space 3)

Got it on PS+ last week and played through it this weekend. Pretty fun, but the co-op is a forced point that detracts from the strengths of the series and ends up robbing the consumer from the complete experience.

The slapdash nature of this product by Electronic Farts is showcased in the side-missions, especially once the story shifts from space back to planetside. Everything is a hideous paste-job of drab interiors with very little difference in layout. It makes the second half of the game an ever-increasing struggle to fight through the repetition.

The story is goddawful, the character arcs drawn up in MS paint by someone on as much ether as is required to kill several elephants, and the ending as-is (without the solid dlc ending add-on, a staple of EA franchises that shit the bed on the third try apparently) tries for drama but doesn't put in any of the work to make it resonate at all. If there was a character to speak of with any sort of endearing quality to them, they were left in beta and were never heard from again.

What a dickass way to go.

The add-on previously referred to is about 2 hours long and does a hell of job of trying to patch things up, swinging for the most ludicrous of fences and getting back to what works in the franchise (psychological well being of the protagonist deteriorating while fighting nightmarish creatures). It's too little too late for the more diehard fans of the first two, but at least it mostly succeeds in the end (which here is hilarious and very much a downer, as it should be for Isaac Yankem and his two-dimensional co-oping butthorn friend).

2.5/5 copies of "Space Nuts" for DS3
            3.5/5 copies of "Space Nuts" for the end DLC thingamajig
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-03-2014, 09:39 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• South Park: Stick of Truth.

Addictive, funny and filled to the brim with references to fantasy culture, South Park episodes, and vidyagames. What more could one want in a South Park game?

Nothing. The answer is nothing, if you were wondering.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dead Space is very similar to Uncharted for me.

1 - See promise, couldn't bring myself to finish either of them.
                2 - Classics. Near flawless. Defining games of the generation.
                3 - New environments that inspire, with too much plot nonsense capped with poop third acts.

I finally spent some time with State of Decay this weekend. I just want to play State of Decay now.

Comment

• Shame about Dead Space 3. I really loved the first 2 games...
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Shame about Dead Space 3. I really loved the first 2 games...
                    There's some GREAT stuff in Dead Space 3. Some best of series stuff. For me, the problems all came in the final third. It's still definitely worth playing.

Comment

• Might grab it for 10$.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• More time with State of Decay. I really don't know if I like it...but I can't stop thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          More time with State of Decay. I really don't know if I like it...but I can't stop thinking about it.
                          Going to need a more definitive answer now that it's 66% off on Steam..
                          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• OK, well. Let me see how I can explain it.

It's very interesting. There's a fucking TON going on in it. Which is good and bad. It explains enough to get into it, but leaves you to figure out (or go to the wiki) for a lot of it. Some of the missions can be repetitive. Clear out infestations. Go rescue some survivors that radio'd in. Someone is being an asshole, take them to kill zombies and chill out.

But the tension is incredible. Oh, we are almost out of ammo. I need to get out in the world and find ammo. Or food. My character was hurt, so I need to rest, but who can I switch to? The guy that's bad at fighting is only available and I need to clear out infestations!

It's definitely worth the sale price on Steam.

Comment

• I WANT to play Bro Force, but I have not.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Played that PT demo on PSN. Yup, scary as fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X