Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena of Heroes on my iPad. Free Turnbased MOBA. It's kind of addicting.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I see the quality of crack in Canada is on the rise.
      Nope. Virtua Fighter is still the best fighting game and closest fight simulator you'll ever find. Very simple to learn, but like a real fight, it was all about timing and applying the right moves at the right time. Mastering it was hard, but so gratifying. At the exact oppsoite, you had Tekken: the button masher. Sure, characters like King had grabbing moves that were just about learning combination and typing them as it went along, but overall, it was mainly about button mashing.

I'd tout Street Fighter 2: Whatever Edition as the Greatest fighting game of all time (I'm being objective here), but if anything, VF came a close second.

Mortal Kombat: Really liked the 2nd back then, but in retropect, that series never quite equaled it's gameplay quality with it's main applea, the violence.

I guess I could go on with some others, like Marvel vs Capcom, but I feel they're offshots of the ones above (MvC is from Street Fighter, Dead Alive is from Virtua Fighter, etc...)

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      exactly. that being said, I'm still fucking stuck at the Liu Kang/Shao Khan fight like 75% of the way through. Shao is still a fucking bitch.
      Somehow, I'd be more interested in DC character than coming back to those.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• SFIV is the best fighting game of this generation. HAnds down.

MvC3 is fucking LEGIT if you have people to play it with. CEej and I still play the fuck outta it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• MvC3 is fucking fun. I tried SF4. Didn't do it for me, but again, I stopped playing most fighting games beside MvC3.

Comment

• If SF4 didn't do anything for you I question your discipline. :P

Comment

• also, VF fucking sucks. I don't care if it's "realistic" it's boring and hasn't been relevant since the 32X.

Comment

• I barely have the time to play (I'm splitting my time between Skyrim and Alan Wake), so to me SF4 felt like SF2: Kinda like SF3 Edition.

And I HATED SF3. Look, even I distanced myself from Virtua Fighter 4 after a while....

And Virtua Fighter is the game for grown ups. It's like a good scotch. I get why some won't like it, but to those of my generation, it was The Shit.

Comment

• SF3 sucked. SF4 is legit. If you dug SF2 then SF4 should be right up your alley. We played the fuck outta that game. But yeah, Ultimate MvC3 is awesome.

Comment

• It sure didn't sucked like the 3rd, but again, life made it that I coudln't get into it. It's not the game, IT'S ME!

I don't have Live, and no friends to play against, so a said fighting game has to have a strong story as well as being great to remotely hold my appeal.

Comment

• strong story? in that case MK or that DC game. Both are decent story wise but I can't vouch for DC since I only played the demo and thought it was meh.

Comment

• Hence why I might get it really cheap.

Comment

• The Walking Dead: 400 Days is good but quite brief, maybe an hour and 20 minutes or so. I think I could've played it better

Spoiler: the whole thing 
                          During Wyatt's story, I left whatshisface behind. I'm not sure there was an option to save him short of getting out of the car myself. And at the end I didn't get Vince and Russell to come with me. I'm not sure what I could have done at the end. I think my decisions in their respective stories made them too independent to be willing to join me. I wonder if that means I won't see them at all in the second season.

And, man, Nate is craaaazaaaaay.

Comment

• Begun has the great replay of our time.

Downloaded FF7 from PS Store I have.

Be saved I can not.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Monaco thanks to Trejo. So fun. Also playing some FTL and Hotline Miami.

Downloaded Hitman Absolution and 400 Days on the 360 but haven't touched them yet.

Also a shit ton of Scallywags still on my i

Comment

• Picked up Chivalry: Medieval Warfare while it was $6. Actually a pretty fun online medieval FPS. Was in a game with 60 people (30 per team) laying siege to a castle running around with a shield and mace crushing skulls and chopping off limbs with my sword. Money is already considered well spent
                                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Working...
                                X