Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's getting the Kinect tomorrow? Giant Bomb is going to be live streaming it all day tomorrow.

Comment

• I barely play my Wii so I'm not going to be spending $150 the Xbox cash-in.*

*I reserve the right to completely change my tune once Child of Eden hits.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Who's getting the Kinect tomorrow? Giant Bomb is going to be live streaming it all day tomorrow.

I'm getting more games tomorrow.

Right now, I'm getting Joy Ride, Sports, a fitness title and one to be determined.

HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Dance Central, obviously. That seems to be the only game people are agreeing on being actually good.

Comment

• I'll be waiting for more games before I drop the loot on it. Move is already gathering dust.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm pretty tempted for Dance Central, but my issue remains the room it needs. Read a ton of stuff this morning already about how you need about 8 foot of space, minimum, if you're playing two player, and about that for single too. Well I just don't have that space unless I move all the seating in my living room, and my coffee table...oh, but my 360 isn't even in the living room, it's in the extra bedroom. Now I have a bit of room in the middle of that room, but to get 8 feet I would have to move my chairs out of the way again, and there isn't space in there to move chairs around every time I want to play a couple rounds of a game. Maybe they refine it through updates, but that pretty much kills it for me. I can get Rock Band and 3 friends in the space I alone need for Kinect.

Comment

• That's how MOVE is. Unless you're playing just the sports game you will need to move everything infront of the tv. I barely fit in the calibration box. I also had to completely change my lighting for it to work properly. The only thing I really want the Kinect for is sheer laziness. I can sit on my couch and use voice commands. That's almost worth 150 bucks.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wow. This review pretty much turned me off.

I found that the Kinect Hub, which is brought up by either waving your hand while on the "classic" Xbox 360 Dashboard or saying "Xbox Kinect" is functional, but, if anything, requires far more effort to perform the most simple tasks than simply using a controller and the regular Dashboard. Here's the problem: In order to select something, you have to hover your hand over it for a three-count. Then, there's a delay as an extremely simplified version of, say, your friends list comes up. Navigating further into the menus is just as slow, as is navigating back out.
                  Oh, and Netflix does not support Kinect gesture or voice control.

Comment

• Yup, watched the Kotaku video a bit ago. Netflix voice command was a selling point, but now it's not even functional? Fuck you.

Comment

• Yeah the lack of features that were touted is bullshit and unless our new place has more room, there just is no way I can have 8-9 feet of space inbetween our couch and tv.

Comment

• You guys aren't true eggbox fans!

Yeah, watching that video of Brian Crecente on Kotaku using Kinect seemed slow and useless. However, it did work.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Seriously, I was pumped to pick this up but the reviews have cemented that I shall be waiting until the inevitable massive update to fix this. As much as the Move has pissed me off, all of the reviews have said the same thing: You need some sort of button peripheral. I guarantee we'll see some sort of nunchuck thing for the 360 within the next 6 months.

Comment

• All of this pain and anguish will yield many hours on the Funmobile later on.

Just not for a year or so.

It's just like a console launch. Any other reaction than "derp" is deemed too optimistic, or worse, just plain silly.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                              I'm getting more games tomorrow.

Right now, I'm getting Joy Ride, Sports, a fitness title and one to be determined.

HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
                              Did you go with Dance Central? That's really the only game that looks interesting to me at this point. But I'm super-ultra-mega gay for Harmonix.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Did you go with Dance Central? That's really the only game that looks interesting to me at this point. But I'm super-ultra-mega gay for Harmonix.

I got

Kinect Adventures
                                Kinect Sports
                                Your Shape Fitness
                                Motion Sports
                                Kinect Joy Ride
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X