No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we're getting into semantics here. Yes you cuold play the game for days without fighting anything but you will not be able to "Beat" the game/story that the developers spent years on. This isn't like Minecraft where there is no end game. There is one and you need to use combat (range/melee/magic/your dick) to beat it. And just like the other games the combat isn't all that great.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• True, however, lumping range/melee/magic and or your dick all into the same category is either lazy or slanting the facts to suit your argument. Melee indeed sucks, the rest is actually much better than Oblivion.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Thief 3 had better melee/ranged combat.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Okay. What's that have to do with the comparison between Oblivion and Skyrim?
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That by now they should have gotten combat down better.

Comment

• They spend so much time writing books in game but slack on melee. The fact that I can't really play the class I like due to shitty combat mechanics = deal breaker. I shouldn't have to play ranged/magic if I don't want to but you're kind of forced to which I'm not a fan of. It's not a bad game but it's also not jizzworthy or game of the year material based on shitty melee combat mechanics, stupid amounts of bugs (which yes, I know you haven't run into any, wish I didn't) and the like.

I don't wish that I never bought it, I just wish I could dig on it as much as some of you do.

Comment

• I still think the sound design (when not fucked) is amazing.

Comment

• I do agree melee should be better. That said it's still an excellent game. I wouldn't rank it game of the year but who gives a shit about my opinion.

Comment

• We all care. I base alot of my purchases on this forum. Y'all talked me into this game essentially. I'm just giving Anderson my opinion on the game.

Comment

• Fair enough. I really dig Skyrim and if melee was a bit better I think it'd be hard to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                        They spend so much time writing books in game but slack on melee. The fact that I can't really play the class I like due to shitty combat mechanics = deal breaker. I shouldn't have to play ranged/magic if I don't want to but you're kind of forced to which I'm not a fan of. It's not a bad game but it's also not jizzworthy or game of the year material based on shitty melee combat mechanics, stupid amounts of bugs (which yes, I know you haven't run into any, wish I didn't) and the like.

I don't wish that I never bought it, I just wish I could dig on it as much as some of you do.
                        First person melee is always going to be inferior to third, and this game has been built on the first person model for the last ten years, so I'm not sure what your expectations are/were, but they seem to be hoping for a different experience than was advertised. Sorry you aren't enjoying it very much.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          Fair enough. I really dig Skyrim and if melee was a bit better I think it'd be hard to beat.

Yeah, I'm now getting the melee complaints.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Hard not to see the issue with melee honestly. But aside from that it's quite enjoyable. Also to me melee isn't quite as bad in 3rd person as it is in first but that could just be a preference thing.

Comment

• I'd be surprised if there aren't some awesome melee mods out soon.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm trying to finish the game before I touch mods but there are some tempting ones out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X