MASS EFFECT 3: The Mass Erectest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ending was lame.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      You'll wish that.
      Now I get it. Yup.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Finished this late last night. Why the hate exactly? I thought the ending was great. I suppose now I can go read the articles I skipped about the hate Mass Effect 3 was getting.

I did hate getting a corrupt save file about 35-40 hours in and having to restart the game.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• How the hell did you have 40 hours of play?

Comment

• Yeah, I dunno either man. I liked the ending. Had a few issues that I posted a few pages ago, but I didn't think it deserved the outrage it got.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              How the hell did you have 40 hours of play?
              Heh, not sure, I just know the last save I remember seeing had 30 something hours on it. I did try and do everything I could.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I believe I had about the same. Somewhere in late 20's early 30's.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I had 35 or 36 hours in. Scan ALL the planets, listen to ALL the ambient conversations.

Comment

• Well, I managed to finish it. The Deux Ex type of ending IS lame, but that's ok at some point. The storytelling for the ending fucking blew though.

Mind you, I had the red ending where i went Knowing on Earth, as I barely got 2000 EMS..., but still, lame.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      No. I just wanted an ending that fit the character.

Spoiler: ending stuff 
                      Not a fucking babby telling me the origin to a fearsome group of sentient spaceships and that I had one obvious choice (Which would have been a fine ending if it had ended with Anderson and Shep's talk on the Citadel. I think that should have been the ending. No extra explanation of nonsensical bullshit that is in direct conflict with the themes and characters of this last outing.) and two stupid fucking choices that in retrospect were unnecessary.

The whole starbabby thing was unnecessary and stupid. As was the completely illogical cut to Joker running from the battle with everyone on board the Normandy. Joker may be a lot of things, but a pussy ain't one of those things.
                      Completely agree. But beside that, worst: 4 minutes of cut scenes to end the trilogy? That's it? The writing sure fucking blew.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      The ending is not eye SARS.

Spoiler: ending 
                      Two things-

1- it's kind of shitty that after saying things like "all your decisions in the three games will factor into the ending" it really boiled down to being a contestant on Let's Make A Deal. I understand it would be nigh impossible to make a fully customized ending but it seems like they didn't try too hard.

2- It was a TERRIBLE asthetic choice to have a "Hai guise, buy the DLC that's coming soon!" placard after the coda. Just go to the title screen, man. We all know how the games industry works now. There's obviously DLC coming down the road.

That said, I chose door 2 and went with symbiosis. It was totally the Matrix ending but I liked it. Maybe because I finally got over my anger with the Matrix ending years ago?

Now to go back through the thread and read the spoiler posts.
                      See, I wasn't good enough to have 3 choices (though I know that they are, so...

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                      I chose the
                        Spoiler: spoileruz 
                      DESTROY ALL TECHNOLOGY ending. I decided that the world would be better off hunting and gathering again.
                      I chose that. But as I did it, I flared Earth and then NO MOAR EARTH SO FUCK YOU, FINAL GOAL WICH IS RETAKE EARTH. I RETOOK IT. AND DESTROYED IT.

IN. YO. FACE.

I might have to buy ME 1 and 2 ( I borrowed 2 from a friend) and play as an Evil Femshep and fuck all the chicks I can and be the Ultimate Renegade.

So, I cured the genophage (duh, now the krogan are stuck on their planets with them breeding like fuckers. HELLOOOOOOO CIVIL WAR!!!!) , but that by siding with the Geth I exterminated the Quarian, well that was retarded. I mean, really? I was sure willling to broker peace, but the game said NOOOOOOOOOOO.
                      Last edited by Martin; 04-27-2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• In retrospect, the best ending fitting for the game is the Green one. The one I didn't get to choose. Makes the best sense and is fitting thematically. I can bitch about the fact that there's a good 5-10 minutes of storytelling (like stated above, WHERE THE FUCK WAS JOKER GOIN?), but overall, the ride was really great.

Comment

• That's pretty much the consensus nowadays: 95% good to great game with the remaining 5% being nonsense at best and a trailer for DLC at worst.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Replayed the ending, now extended.

Still sucked. It explained more, so there's that, but overall, there's something missing.

And here's the best piece on why that is.

Comment

• Not playing it.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The crux is: you get to choose between 3 choices.

All 3 choices are from the mind of a completely insane and deranged mind, and none really fits what the game. Hammering you throughout 3 episodes, I thought that the ME theme was escaping control, having free choice, and more importantly, hope. Worse, they added a 4th choice, a super uber-FUCK YOU to the fans.

No, I'll avoid any game written tby the schmucks who wrote ME3.

Comment

Working...
                                X