No announcement yet.

Batman: Arkham City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What on earth was I doing in Walmart at 7:00 am?

Picking up Arkham City with a free GOTY copy of Arkham Asylum included.

Boom.
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

I mourn my lack of 360 today. Fuck I wanted to play this game baaaaaaaad.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Man. This game. Wow. Only put in about two hours, but for now I will say that the tutorials being handled in the upgrade menu and through the AR training is REALLY nice.

Comment

Guys, I'm not getting this until Christmas so if you could stop playing and/or talking about it that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm with Grave. No playing this game until we all own it./hopes and dreams
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I am going to punch Amazon in the face.

This is the second pre-order that has not arrived on time. They can suck my balls, Mr. Garrison.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

After my initial 7 hour marathon all I keep thinking is..

This game is the fucking shit!
                Last edited by Trejo; 10-19-2011, 12:02 AM.

Comment

In terms of percentages how much better than Arkham Asylum?

Comment

I would say, with my play time, it is about 25% better than Asylum. The open world isn't a huge deal, but does let Batman have more fun with his toys. The "quick use" items in combat are fucking nice.

OK, if you didn't get the game yet leave, HERE BE SPOILERS!

Spoiler: IM NOT WEARING HOCKEY PAAAAAAADS 
                    OK, please tell me that everyone walked over and kicked the FUCK out of Penguin after he cowers in the corner like a bitch! I am hoping beating him will elicit some response down the road.

I liked that reporter "why would I listen to someone that's never been in a fight! Then Bruce proceeds to fucking rape everyone while being handcuffed and shackled. That whole intro is fucking incredible.

Oh, and Catwoman? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if you're going to add her, make her different, not a dumbed down Batman.

Comment

Supposedly, and I don't know shit other than rumor, one of the Catwoman quests/missions/whatevers alters which ending you get. Apparently there are two endings.

Comment

Well, if you buy new and download the Catwoman pack before starting a game it apparently changes the main storyline a LOT. I wouldn't be shocked if there is a non-Catwoman ending and a Catwoman ending.

Comment

It's 25% better for one moment

Spoiler: Lil Spoils 

You fight a fucking SHARK. With your fists.

Have to say the Cockney thug Penguin really grew on me. So far in the story his museum level has been my favorite; there's a great surprise villain fight and the story is now leading towards someone else I really didn't expect to be in the game..

Diggin this hard

Comment

My thoughts on the game so far in haiku form:

I AM THE BATMAN
                            I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE ASS
                            MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEEEEEEEAD

Also, an awesome thing I found in the Cryptographic Sequencer.
                              Spoiler: Not sure how spoilery this is because you can find it right near the beginning. 
                            It's at 675, 500, if you want to hear it before I spoil it.
                              Spoiler: If you don't like to wait. 
                            A fucking NUMBERS STATION. I have no idea what it's for and I'm wondering if it ever actually shows up in game or if it's just there to be awesome and mysterious.
                            sigpic
                            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Supposedly, and I don't know shit other than rumor, one of the Catwoman quests/missions/whatevers alters which ending you get. Apparently there are two endings.

The Catwoman pack hadn't finished downloading before I started the game, but it kicked me out right after I beat up the Penguin's thugs at the start.

Then, it made me reload the game from the last checkpoint and now Catwoman is in it like nothing. Easy achievement points off of breaking into Poison Ivy's place.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

The very very start of the game before even the credits or Bruce Wayne speech is a Catwoman section. So if you were already in Arkham City when the DL finished I imagine you missed that bit

Comment

Working...
                                X