No announcement yet.

Fallout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh sure, he was grateful I busted his ass out of mutie jail, but the second I ask for a favor, he turns deaf, dumb and blind. And no, he couldn't play a mean pinball if you forced him at gunpoint.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• the dlc sounds rather awesome.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• I'll buy the game used when this comes out. Sounds neat.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• 800 points sounds perfect for the first one.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I've never played the game but I just stumbled this, figured I pass it on.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• I've been playing this game for a few days now, I think I've logged about 15 hours or so and I feel like I haven't done anything. I think I hit level 11 last night and I completed the Mechanist/AntAgonizer mission and I feel boredom towards the game. I dread having to talk to anyone, the presentation of the conversations is very jejune, as is most of the missions so far. Granted, I've never been a RPG fan, and all this might just be the norm in the genre, but it wouldn't hurt to throw in some nice camera work during the dialogue scenes. I'm tired of the boring fps view looking at a character's head. Give me the dialogue options and let the characters and the camera move around, even if I don't get to control either of them during the conversation.

The combat system in the game is shit. Contrary to what Bethesda said, you can't really play the game as a shooter. I do like VATS, but I think the slow motion kill shots are getting old. That's a minor gripe though, VATS is probably my favorite part of the game. It would probably help if there was a bigger variety of enemies so I wouldn't see the same enemies getting killed in VATS over and over. At least there is fast travel, or I probably wouldn't have stuck with the game this long. I wouldn't mind adding a few more colors to the game either, I keep losing enemies if they aren't close.

Contrary to the above, I've had some fun, but I just don't get the love this game got so far. I may just stop with the side missions and just plow through the main missions and finish the game. Please tell me I'm playing it wrong, or I'm not far enough into the game, or give me suggestions on what I should do to make my experience better. I'd appreciate it. Also, where the hell is the dog? I haven't found him, yet.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• The gripes seem to be universal. Even those who hold it on a pedestal will say much of the same.

The creators of the game would have been better serving of the audience if they had in fact added some camera flourishes, but this is Bethesda we're talking about, who wouldn't know camera angles from anal beads.

The dog is in the train yard a bit southeast of the Mine Field in the Scrapyard. You gotta rescue him from some Talon Co. assbags who are about to put an assault rifle barrel in his ass.

EDITED FOR MISINFORMATION. BETHESDA STILL KNOWS FUCK ALL ABOUT ACTION DIRECTION/SCRIPTING.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-07-2009, 01:36 PM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I give mad props to anyone who tries to play this game as a FPS, because good fucking luck to that. If you're not a fan of RPGS I can definitely see why you have some issues. Here's a question: did you ever play any of the other Fallout games? I only ask because that definitely helped me love this game as I fucking hate Oblivion and it's the same engine. The camera flourishes aren't a part of most normal RPGS unless you're talking about a game like Mass Effect (which I would have loved to have seen Fallout be a bit more like, as that game has what you're looking for).
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Shit, now I want to replay Mass Effect.

Comment

• Mass Effect was close to being a great game, but shit execution on several levels brought into the realm of just plain old good.

Things like the rover controls (or lack thereof), odd jumps in difficulty (where certain things were ridiculously hard to kill and others were so willing to die that a swift updraft would annihilate them), and repetitive side quests/world design kept it from being as great as it could have theoretically been.

Fallout suffers from similar repetition, but at least you can recruit a fucking Hulk look-a-like with a gatling laser if you're a goody two-shoes.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That is true. But Mass also kicked Fallout's ass in the story department.

Comment

• Yeah, I quit playing it like a shooter really quick. I played a little of Fallout on Gametap after you recommended I play it, but I didn't get too far and I haven't played it since. RPGs aren't my genre, I suppose. I'll keep at it. I want to like this game more than I have.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• True.

But then again, Fallout will kick ME's spacedick in the DLC department.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also true. Mass Effect 2 will fucking own though.

Comment

• I've been a goody two-shoes.

I remember reading about similar gripes about Mass Effect, but it sounds like at the very least, the conversations are better.

Comment

Working...
                                X